BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,

Just like to say happy to make your acquaintance and looking forward to some interesting discusions. I've been fishin for a lot of years and seen some mighty exciting, interesting and sometimes peculiar things. Hope I learn to navigate this forum, so far so good ::) and looking forward to meeting you folks.

Cheers,
Ger

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kamloops. I was out doing some ice fishing today, experienced one of those all to often wondering thoughts. I was at the exact same spot last Friday 0630 and limited out with 1,5 to 2 lb Rainbows, which was great as my visiting children and family had their hearts set on a fish supper and I was fortunate enough to be able to supply, then today, barely a nibble? Guess I can chalk that one up to ( thats fishing. LOL Bye the way, thats a mighty nice looking fish in your photo, guessing a salmon from the vedder?

Ger

·
Registered
694 Posts
Hello and welcome Gerbear. Take a look around and feel free to add any fishing stories to the mix. Always love hearing about a day on the water, even if it is frozen ;)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Welcome GerBear. Can hardly wait for the spring to arrive and my chance to get up to your country again. I try to spend as much time as I can in the environs of Kamloops. Hopefully we can pick your brains about conditions in the area a lot.

·
Registered
247 Posts
welcome gerbear. was wondering if you could get a mill inthe area to pipe in some hot water and thaw off one of those lakes now ,LOL lol, sorry i figured if PG was going to try it maybe we could get an early start to spring fly fishing. any way have fun on the forum.great guys and gals here!!!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
GerBear said:
Bye the way, thats a mighty nice looking fish in your photo, guessing a salmon from the vedder?

Ger
;D That's a rainbow trout from south of the border.

Here's a better pic:

I was using my 4wt, and caught her on a #18 fly and 6x tippet. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Stone, that is one awesome fish, bet it took you awhile. My best so far is an 8.5 caught in White Lake out of Sorrento by Shuswap, 6-7wt using a #14 olive chronomid, quite a story with that one as had a CO tied up alongside just as I hooked it. Never heard a fella with so much enthusiasim or welth of verbal assistance before. LOL He was a great fella and the one with the camera that day. I'll have to learn how to post pic's as well.

I guess it isn't possible to post a reply on the individual responses I received so will include the responses from these other folks in this post.

eimaj - Thanks for the welcome, one thing I have plenty of is tails. Not all are in my favour though. ::)

professori - Yup can't hardly wait myself, almost time to flex the fly rod and put away the hand line. I look forward to helping with local info as much as I can, so feel free to ask what you will. I'm not on this thing all the time but will be checking in on hopefully a regular basis to see how everyone is doing and find out whats hot and whats not. 8)

wagonmaster - now theres a handle that inspires some thoughts. Must be the one that organizes get togethers of members, well that would be good and I know just the place. Ever hear of Howard Lake just east of 100 mile, one of my fav stompin grounds, fightin fish like you wouldn't believe! As for coming by for open water, well we do have a few lakes in the area with arreators. :)

Thanks again for the warm welcome and look forward to some great times and hopefully get togethers. Glad this forum has a mix of gender and age as the whole family 2 boys - 2 girls and wife are fly tiers and flickers. :thumbup:

Cheers,
Ger

·
Registered
853 Posts
Gerbear welcome to the forum, I think you will find this one of the more informative websites in our area for sure. Im pretty new and have found it to be a great experience, enjoy. Im in Kamloops for half my life (work at Highland valley) if you want to hook up some time during the stillwater season when im not heading home to whistler Im in for sure.

tight lines
derek

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup sounds like a plan to me, we'll have to put something together this spring, maybe hit Roche after it turns or McConnel? I spend half my time playing in the puddles of Kamloops and the other half learning about the puddles around Forest Grove and what I'm learning is theres always gonna be a ( ooohh man, I'd love to flick a fly on that puppy some day ) type puddle on each and every horizon each and every day. Thank you Moma for bringin me into this old world. LOL

Ger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.