BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I are thinking about going up this spring (May/june) to Kamloops to do some trout fishing and we were wondering if any of you have any suggestions on where to stay? Basically I would like to go to a resort with lots of trout - where we can take our boat (16ft harbourcraft) I guess we could leave it at home if there are small boats to rent but if possible it would be nice to take it. I would like to stay in a reasonably clean place with a bathroom and hot water. Sorry Im not much for camping - lol. We did go to Roche lake one year but we went alittle late in the season. But it was very nice! Anyone have any ideas??

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
well you could go to the Douglas Lake Ranch try this www.douglaslake.com they have some lakes that you can only fish if your staying at one of the resorts. Good fishing and big fish from what i have been told. They should have boats there also as i dont think many of the lakes are that large.

HOOK

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Why don't you join us at the BC Fishing Reports "Meet and Greet" at Roche on June 5 and 6? If you're looking to get away from it all, please pm me and I would be happy to let you know a really nice, private bed and breakfast you could stay at with really big fish but it's closer to Merritt (and it's not Corbett).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Tunkwa Lake Resort would fit the bill. If the fishing is off at Tunkwa or Leighton there are a few great lakes ranging from 25 to 75 minutes away. One titled a 'trophy lake'. Early June was super hot at Tunkwa this year.

Roche is a pretty cool spot too.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Lastcar said:
Tunkwa Lake Resort would fit the bill. If the fishing is off at Tunkwa or Leighton there are a few great lakes ranging from 25 to 75 minutes away. One titled a 'trophy lake'. Early June was super hot at Tunkwa this year.

Roche is a pretty cool spot too.
Make sure you bring your long underwear for these lakes. Even in June these lakes have been to known to have high winds and cold days up there.. :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Roche Lake Resort is definitely my favorite. I go there at least once a year. Chalets are well equipped & very comfortable. Resort has boat rentals, restaurant, bar, pool, tackle / flys for sale & great staff. Can be a tough lake to fish at times, but does have trophy fish for the patient / persistant fisherman.

Good Luck,
Nickers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.