BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand that there are quite a few lakes on this stretch of road.....does anyone know of where to camp, etc..and if you need a pass or anything?? I heard something about camping on Harmon and i'd like to try these lakes out

Any info is appreciated.

- Wookie

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Not sure about camping - I think there is a campground on Kane, but my co-worker caught a 22 inch Brookie there on Sunday. It was pretty ripe due to the spwan but there are some nice Brook trout there.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
my dad and I have driven the whole road and the only lake we came across without campsites was Chicken Ranch lake

try out Boss lake Wookie if you want some tips give me a call before you go up there as my dad and i have fished that one and camped there

HOOK

·
Registered
555 Posts
Good campsites at The main Kane lakes and harmon lake. I pulled a 20+ incher out of Harmon earlier this year. Very nice lakes, the sites are provincial.
Good luck, :beerchug:

·
Registered
281 Posts
Chris said:
Good campsites at The main Kane lakes and harmon lake. I pulled a 20+ incher out of Harmon earlier this year. Very nice lakes, the sites are provincial.
Good luck, :beerchug:
They are provincial Forestry campsites which is different from BC Parks. Very busy up there compared to years past. Word is getting around clearly. :mad:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Wookie, there are some sites at Englishman maybe 8 sites? Harmon has at least 12, Kane upper has 4-5 sites and there are a couple spots on the lower Kane as well. Easy access= Lots of people motorhomes ect. Went up last weekend for a day and it looked like an RV/ATV/Dirt bike show :-\ but what do you expect on a long weekend. We didn’t camp so I am not sure if you have to pay??? The lakes can be quite good fishing if you can figure them out and timing is right. Some nice size fish but they see a lot of pressure so matching the hatch is key. I fished upper and lower Kane from 9am-2pm on Monday before the wind and hail ended the day. Fishing was slow had a couple hits and broke two off...A bit rusty on the hookset i guess ::) Observed large amounts of boatman in pale geen/yellow. Some immature damsels and small mayfly hatch. Chronies were trying to hatch but the weather didn’t seem to help :-\ Have had most of my luck fishing chronies deep 22-30ft on the sink line. Kane has spanked me 4-5 times i have fished it...but I keep going back for more :confused:

Good luck

-RC

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Take some wood with you for your fire( at least some dry stuff to git 'er going)

·
Registered
247 Posts
there are lots of lakes in the area most are what they now call "enhanced forestry sites" so you do pay to camp. i went to the forestry office at green timbers(off 96th ave.) and got a forestry services map of the area which shows all the roads and has a list on the bottom of the campgrounds and how many sites at each(very nice to have). many of the lakes are 2-10 sites so they fill fast on weekends. hook and i have done BOSS lake on may and aug, long and have no problem getting a site, but there are quite a few here as there are some at each end of the lake. the campground with the boat launch is your best area if your there to fish as the other one usually gets taken by all the dirt bike and quad riders. there is another lake just up the road and it also has lots of camping available. hope this helps. :2cents:

·
Registered
78 Posts
got to harmon at around 7pm on sunday night and ended up trolling a leech n hookin a Little 12"er let him go
found green n brown chronies were the target got windy cold n rainy tried the chronimids with no luck they were at 25 ft deep and feeding below the surface came in at 930 and left on our way to leighton lake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts