BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a buddy yesterday who is camping up there, and he was saying the park owner was telling him the lake is now infested with bass. My buddy was asking about the kokanee stocks and they old fella was saying the bass have pretty much destroyed the stocks. The bass sit in the channel mouths and suck up the young as they are cruising out to the lake. Anyone else heard any thing?
Crazy D

· Registered
87 Posts
Haven't heard about this till now. ???Not to surprised though.Some people seem to think it is ok to destroy other fisheries as long as they can start up one they want, cause thats what they had where they came from.And to hell with other stocks and people.Some people are so selfish they don't think beyond there own wants. :mad:
I was talking to a guy at lafarge a couple years ago,when he said to me without hesitation "I am gonna come along and put some bass in here that will be more fun."So when I told him that was illeagle and irresponsible,he said "why there all just fish".So I explained to him what the bass would do to the trout and ecology of the lake.He then said nothing and stopped talking all together.

· Registered
578 Posts
Propaganda from the Bass Haters. There are still lots of Kokanee there I have seen the fish and the reports. If there were that many Bass there everyone would be catching them. Don't believe me! Go there and try to catch a Bass; unless you are a BassMaster you won't find one.

· Registered
736 Posts
I hadn't heard about this either. Fished there 5-6 times this spring, all we caught were Kokanne the odd rainbow and the odd land locked Coho. Didn't see any sign of Bass. Mind you, it was April.... :cheers:

· Registered
21 Posts
I heard from a very reliable source that bass in Kawkawa was a hoax. Apparently buddy had caught the bass somewhere else and stopped by Kawkawa on the way home and took a pic with the fish infront of the lake..

· Registered
47 Posts
The bass in there are actually small mouths and every year the bass catch goes up. I wish those bucket brigade basturds would be caught and strung up. :pissed: The guy at the store there has bass pics from there, just ask him to see them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.