BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im headin back up to buntzen lake. To score a few more trout ive been up a few times now and nothing and im doing the same as lastyear. I dono whats goin on but ill let you know inless someone knows

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have been to Buntzen about 4 times this year and on all occasions I have had fish. Are you fishing from the docks? You really need to be out on the water somehow IMO in either a boat or float tube or something. Fishing near the rocks across the lake to the right produces great fishing action.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah ive been on the dock and i just recently bough a float tube i just need someone to show me how to use the thing and what flys i need. Ive been out on it bout 4 times now and nothing

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i have always had success at Buntzen trolling a Doc Spratly fly on a dry line with about 13 feet of leader all i do is just go from the boat launch area just go around into the sort of cove and just troll back and forth through the middle of the lake

some days you will get more then others of course but this has worked for me and usually the only fly i use there

hope it helps and gets you fish

HOOK

·
Registered
56 Posts
I fished at Buntzen for a few hours yesterday and managed half a dozen to the boat and missed well over a dozen! Lots of little guys, but sure are fiesty!!Good fun for a local lake ;D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well boyz what a day . I pulled er off

total catches: 7

Released:2

Line snap: 1

got away off the dock:1

Total home: 3

jeasus it was non stop for me today, The fishing was crazy first trout with in 30 seconds of casting off the dock.
Than we have the big one that got away, no joke i shit you not. The bluddy thing fought so damm hard must and was at least a good 16 17'' er. It was huge ive never pulled one to the dock that big. Silly me oh i dont need my net i wwont be catching anything. SO i bring this bugger to the dock just as i bring er up and allmost onto the deck '' SNAP'' and i had 8lb test.

But over all nothing but sweetness.

if anyone is ever doin any fishing up here in the bellys or on the dock let me know.

i post pics asap

·
Registered
209 Posts
caught these guys at Buntzen a week ago. Fishing is great for this local lake. Quiet, nice scenery and good fishn!

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
901 Posts
Hit there this evening
wow must of been 1000 people there
bbqs everywhere :beerchug:
there were cops at the entrance to the beach and cops patrolling the area on bikes :naughty:
lots of people on the water but not many were fishing :drunk:
one guy in a tube gear fishing got a couple that i saw
just a couple of small bites for me
and never seen or heard so many dogs in one place :eek:
didnt like all that noise so didnt stay long :-\

·
Registered
233 Posts
I went there yesterday too. Yes the cops were at the entrance checking for booze and seatbelts. I'm glad I brought my tube cause there it was basically impossible to fish off the dock with that many people. I was in a blue fishcat v-boat britguy. I only managed 2 fish, a 13inch bow and a small 9inch kokanee. Both released. All on the fly.

·
Registered
901 Posts
where were you fishing Coho
i am heading out there in the morning
will report when i get back

·
Registered
901 Posts
well got there arround 9.30 water temp was 14deg rained a little on and off
a cople of guys out there and a few on the docks
one guy on the dock caught a few that i seen
the other was missing every bite
I tried sinking line first with only one bite no fish
then swiched to floating and a red dock sprat
had a few hits then managed to land one about 13inch(rainbow)
i think the cooler temp pushed the fish down
water only increased to 15deg later on
and lots of fish showing up on the bottom
but still some rising

i wanted to call the DFO on one guy on the dock as he was fishing with two rods and pulling up onto the dock the small fish then throwing
them back
but i could not get a signal

·
Registered
901 Posts
yup from a standing up position:mad:
not very cool :eek:

I fished there Wed
seen two guys one in a pontoon the other being pulled by the pontoon in a tube
once they got out far enough thy seperated
they were using gear(float fishing)
they hooked a few that i saw
i only got a few hits
it was raining on and off
lots of fish rising
no hatch going on that i saw
not sure of water temp didnt have my fish finder

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
humm these f***n guys man seriously. i go up there try to catch a few...how many does the guy beside me have uhhh 17 in a bag. Im like hey you cant have thoes you gotta leave now the limit is 4 hes like no i big family. I was like i dont care if you do go buy them than. Hes like no i big family im like dude you cant be catchin all these you gotta go or we'll call fishires hes like no. The guy totally didnt understand a bluddy word i was saying. Tryed to call but like britguy said no signal

*No swearing on the forum as it is viewed by all types of audiences...so no offensive language allowed. This is a first warning. Thank you. -Stone

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
did you think to look around for some of the HYDRO workers there as they have radios and/or phones and could get RCMP for you quite fast i bet as they must act like fisheries when fisheries cant be reached.

hydro people are always around somewhere and having over your limit is more than just a 150$ fine if i remember right it can go up to 1500$ or something like that

just some info for next time

HOOK

"no i big family" how many times have we heard that one before?? getting sick of that shit and i can guarantee you he understood you he just dont care. just cause they cant speak it very well doesnt mean they dont understand. trust me i have seen them out for sockeye and PERFECT english comes out all of a sudden when fisheries slaps them with a ticket and fine

·
Registered
901 Posts
well i am heading out there in the morning and if i see any violations i will be dealing with them :naughty:
i have had enough :mad:

·
Registered
247 Posts
yeah i'm with hook here. they act like they don't understand a word ur saying but when the 'LAW' shows up there english is better than mine, especially as they try to talk their way out of the fine, but yeah IGNORANCE OF THE LAW is no excuse :naughty: and u will be fined. it is up to u to know the law before u do the deed. i like to see them fined and i'll even "volunteer "info to dfo on them when i see them just to see them fined as i'm tired of talking to them and being given the "i no understand" BS. :wallbash:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts