BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, left for Kidd lake this morning at 4 am to have our lines in the water by 6. Two others out in boats at first but by lunch it turned into 8 or so. Trolled around for a coule of hours but nothing. Tried dragonfly nymphs, wolly buggers, and big ol leaches. nothing. about 11 or so we decided to anchor and try some chronies. after an hour of screwing around on various parts of the lake we finally dialed in on a hatch. we had best success on a size 14 chromie four feet below a strike indicator in 6-8 feet of water. found it a bit strange for the fish to be taking them that high off the bottom, but whatever. only landed one and lost one other by 1:30 before we had to jet back home. lots of surface action, but overall pretty slow day. should be kick ass in another couple weeks. hope this helps if anyone is planning on heading out that way.
cheers, tuber

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks for the report, I've never stopped and fished Kidd before, but I've heard that there are some monsters in there. I'll have to try it one day.

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
there are some big fish in them there waters

a guy showed me a pic of a 16lb'er he landed in there a couple years back

i have fished it but the wind blew us off as we were in tubes and the anchors wouldnt hold :(

HOOK

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was out fishing some lakes around Kidd lake, I like fishing lakes that aren't right beside the highway. fishing is definately picking up in that area. I fished a lake called hook lake. It was a beauty! :thumbup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'll be at kidd the weekend after the longweekend (the end of the month) . Never tried kidd before, ive heard good things from more then one reliable source. Some big fish in that lake! In June im also gonna try Island lake ( just past the copper mine north of merrit) which ive also never fished and heard many great things about.
Anybody fished Island lake? Gonna fish Loon lake after Island in that same week in june. Cant wait to get up on those prestine still waters in Thompson/Nicola region. :thumbup:

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
if you have trouble finding the fish with a float dangled chronnie in Kidd try putting it on a full sink line and just let it hang straight to the bottom and slowly finger roll it up i heard this can be a very good way to get those lunkers. wish i knew that when i was there cause maybe i would have gotten one or two on the rod. just beware when they take they take hard that way from what i have read lots of fish break off right away

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
56 Posts
any updates on kidd would be appreciated as i am headin up to there this weekend. anyone fished any lakes around kidd like vincent any lakes in the aspen grove area?? any imfo would be helpful

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There seem to be a few campsites in the area.Kentucky/alleyne, and kane lake rec sites,also there is a pullout at Courtney lake. Are you tenting or you got a camper/trailer. i have camped right at the lake in my camper for a couple nights at a time, but be warned the outhouse there is in rough shape, ROUGH! Thinkin of heading down that way myself, but we'll see later on in the week. Hope you get a lunker.
cheers, tuber

·
Registered
56 Posts
thanks for the imfo tuber! ill be tentin it, so ill take your advise and see what i can come up with. hopefully well hook into something, i got some valuable imfo from the boys at pacific angler, there pretty knowledgeable about interior lakes. wish me luck, and ill report when i get back

Tight lines
James

·
Registered
56 Posts
very tough fish at kidd!! we all know how moody kidd can be, it wasnt in a good mood this past weekend! atleast not for me!! tried all chrony patterns and sizes and depths with no takes. a guy at the same end as me had a steller day with 6 to the boat none under 6 lbs!!! :wallbash: i on the other hand, didnt get a bite. he must have been a local!! well its all good, i fished another lake in the aspen grove area and it was awesome!! :thumbup:
Cant wait for my island lake trip at the end of the month!!! :beerchug:

James

·
Registered
247 Posts
another lake??? well there are lots. i'm sure the name of this lake would have been helpful for others heading up this way to fish.

·
Registered
56 Posts
a lake just south of kidd im sure your all familiar with, kentucky/allyene. we camped and fished kentucky. in the evening hours after kidd and it was stellar!! fishin the shoals at the end of the lake, stripping leeches and i tell ya, watchin big rainbows chase your offering and take it!!!! WOW!! that was cool!!! ;D

·
Registered
247 Posts
i fished kentucky all thru the 80's and loved watching those brutes come off the shoals for the fly. haven't fished it since mid 90's, how big were the ones you were getting? there used to some good ones in there, my best was about 6.5 pounds, what a battle, picked it out from under a log in the fall, where the boat launch is now.

·
Registered
56 Posts
6.5lbs nice!! all were 2.5 - 4lbs which is pretty good by my standards! so your familiar with pickin those beauties off the shoals, isn't that awesome!! :thumbup: did you ever fish the other lake, allyene?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts