BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know If kids have to pay for their tags? I know that their licences where free.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Freshwater: No, the kids do not need to pay for tags at all.....its all FREE!!! boy do I miss those days...

Saltwater: I'd check with your tackle shop but I do believe that kids need to pay for their tags in the chuck...I might be wrong....

Mike <")))))><

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
you have to pay for the tag....I am not wrong :lol: (for the chuck). Dont think they would for fresh because they dont not require licences so where would ya put the tag?

·
Registered
36 Posts
For fresh and salt water, they do have to get licenses, but they are both free. They do have to pay the $6 for the salmon tags however. I go through it every year with my two kids.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Mabuhay said:
For fresh and salt water, they do have to get licenses, but they are both free. They do have to pay the $6 for the salmon tags however. I go through it every year with my two kids.
Ummm...Freshwater you do not need a tag or license until you are ~16~ and you do not have to pay a dime and you do not need to possess a tag or license.....and ya....

Mike <")))))))><

·
Registered
36 Posts
I stand corrected about the freshwater regs:

"Youth Exemption

If you are under 16 and a resident of B.C.:

you may sport fish without any licence or stamp.
you do not need to be accompanied by a licence holder.
you are entitled to your own quota of fish. "

(directly from the regs)

But you do need the salmon retention stamp for salt water.

(again, from the regs)
"A salmon conservation stamp ($6.36) must be affixed to licences held by anglers wishing to retain any species of Pacific salmon. Note that the stamp is an annual stamp. Juvenile licence holders (under 16 years of age) are required to purchase a salmon stamp."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts