BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear the water is still low and clear- any updates on the coho status? I have a trip planned for the 23rd to 27/28th and am planning to drift in my pontoon at least a couple of times if anyone is interested in company.
Cheers,
Sparky

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Jiggy. Any updates as conditions change are greatly appreciated. Still looking for anyone who wants to drift the river when I'm there.
Sparky

· Registered
42 Posts
Hey Spark,it started raining yesterday afternoon,poured all night,still coming down pretty good today.River has risen slowly washing some of the chum/pink corpses away.You wont be here for a while but anybody else coming up soon,things are looking up a bit! :D

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK boys, hitting the road to Kitimat Friday p.m., will be there until Wednesday morning - bringing my pontoon if anyone wants to hook up for a float. How's the river looking?
Sparky

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup. Went for 4 days, spent most of that time working on my Dad's house but did hit the river for a number of short sessions and a drift. Fished lower ****, bridge area, and upper river. Drifted from Sawmill to the park. Conditions initially were low and clear, with more fish being caught up river. Day before my drift and throughout the drift it RAINED- river came up fast and visibility was very poor (6-10 inches) on Monday when we drifted. In an 8 hour drift with a very experienced guide he and I had a coho and a cutty each. We worked the river HARD- hit it with flies, jigged, bottom bounced gear, bottom bounced roe, back trolled through a few spots- tough conditions. BUT, if I'm going to spend all day on the river for one fish, let me just say that a 20 LB chrome buck makes is worth it! What an experience.

By the time I left Kitimat yesterday morning conditions were looking great- water was still up but clearing nicely. Should be great fishing for a little while.
If anyone's ever looking for a guide, try a guy named Rick Taylor- can't find his number but I'll post it later. Fantastic. He guides with Dorselfin sometimes but also runs his own boat that can take up to two guys. I HIGHLY recommed him.

Sparky.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.