BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I'm going to Kitimat june long weekend. I've never fished the kitimat and I'm hoping to get some info on what to use and perhaps some fresh fishing report. We may get a boat to go down the channel. As far as licensing goes, tidal? non tidal? Thanks a lot. Any info to help have a great fishing trip will be much appreciated. Thank you :beerchug:

· Registered
25 Posts
Make a phone call to Fish & Wildlife in Terrace, they will be able to fill you in as to where the tidal area of the Kitimat is. I called them about a month ago and they were very helpful. I'm heading there for a week starting this Friday and we'll be running the jet boat up the tidal section of the Mat.

· Registered
2,348 Posts
You asked for fishing reports that site has weekly updated reports. It also lists what species to expect at what time of year. As for what to use just use whatever you SHOULD be using for the type of water and species present at the time.

If you need help with that maybe looking for a guide would not be a bad plan!

nicolas_bc said:
Thanks for the link but it doesn't give much info as far as what to use. I'm not looking for a guide.

· Registered
1 Posts
Gear on the Kitimat is quite simple. Hoochie and spinglow for bottom bounce is the most popular. Blue is consistently productive for both Chinook and Chum in July. Just look for the crowds--any bar will produce fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.