BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,
I am going camping with the family for the long weekend up by Squamish at Klahanie campground. Does anyone happen to know if there are any good fishing areas for just regular shore fishing for my 8 year old son and me? Anything at all that would get something on the line for him would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Dubz:peace:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Try brohm lake in squamish.There will be lots of swimmers in the first spot you get to but if you walk down the trail there will be a small spot past the bridge.Its full of small cutthroats and rainbows.Bobber and worm will do the trick.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Like trout said Brohm is an option going North on Hwy 99. Browning Lake going South on Hwy 99 is another option and the lake get's quite warm for swimming. Both are a 15-20 minute drive on the Hwy.

Parking will be an issue in both places on the long weekend.

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you have a 4x4 pm me.I know a lake that is perfect for children and there is a dock.Great when sunny but not when rainy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Try brohm lake in squamish.There will be lots of swimmers in the first spot you get to but if you walk down the trail there will be a small spot past the bridge.Its full of small cutthroats and rainbows.Bobber and worm will do the trick.
Yes, I second brohm lake, off the rocks with bobber and worms. Be bear aware round there!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts