BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going up to the Knouff/Badger/Community area this Monday for about three days. Probably stay at Community. Any word out there on this region this year? If your up in the area look for a burgundy Silverado and a 17' trailer. That'll be me. Will post when I get back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Knouff

was up at Knouff a little over a week ago
-weather was very unsettled, thunderstorms, wind and rain; bite when off when the storms were brewing
-green seemed to be the colour of choice
-was going to spend a day up at Community but they were working on the road, I've heard they are out of the way now

·
Registered
66 Posts
knouff

was up there a few days ago, was windy, but managed a 2lb fish off the dock at the resort fishing towards the creek. was kind of exciting biggest fish on the fly for me yet. on the fly for about 2 months now and am usually up at walloper catching the 1/4lb monsters they have in there. the road was great, community looked open, they just graded the road up to knouff. its a better ride than the highway.

·
Registered
3 Posts
knouff report

Just got back from Knouff. We stayed at the resort. Nice people, both the owners and the campers, and a good facility. It’s the ticket for a memorable vacation. Staying there ensures you won't have to contend with some of the undesirable elements that have decided the local lakes are their private party holes.

The fishing was slow for the larger fish but we had good luck getting some smaller ones for the family. It’s hard to teach people to fish if they never hook a fish. No barbs and a quick release and its lots of fun. A small green shrimp just off the bottom worked well. Even if you can’t cast all you had to do was let out line and move the boat enough to bring it up a few feet. Unlike some resorts they allow and even sort of encourage the kids to fish off the docks. One young fellow caught one that looked to be around 2 pounds. He showed his pals and let it go so they could try he said. Some one has spent some time showing him how I’ll bet.

Community was crowed as usual. There didn’t seem to be enough room for everyone. The road to Community from the Knouff lake road is a good backroad. That is to say it has the usual potholes but no mud holes or real problems. Low slung trailers will have a problem with the last bit into the campsite. The area at the campsite is often crowed too so if you don’t know how to manoeuvre your trailer it may be an idea to walk in and check it out. No areas to turnaround once you start up the entrance road except at the lake. It happens sometimes that a vehicle has been left by its less than considerate owner to block the launching area. This will block the turn around as well. Not a good way to start a day of fun if you have to spend time looking for the owner or trying to back your rig around it. Life is so simple if everyone would think.

Badger was good as usual but the wind blew us off a bit early. I didn’t get a chance to talk to the other folks that were coming in but I did see that some had brought back some nice ones for dinner. Badger has a much bigger forestry campsite than Community. All the sites have a view of the lake and the road is not bad going in. Not as smooth as Knouff Lake Road but not too bad if you take your time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts