BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of going a staying in a cabin at either Knouff or Tunkwa but can't decide. I see there's a recent report that Knouff is slow due to the late hot weather. Could anyone suggest whcih I should visit or alternatively another lake with small affordable cabins in the Merritt/Kamloops area?

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should try knouff instead of tunkwa. Tunkwa is even warmer and the last three days it has been cooling off at night at knouff. Plus with the added bonus of badger and community lakes you have more options. Are you fly fishing or trolling?

P.S. the resort at knouff is pretty family oriented so that might factor in to your decision.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright, I've made my decision and am staying at Mile High on Face Lake next to Paska Lake. I understand that there are a great many lakes in the immediate area. Does anyone have experience fishing the lakes in this area and would they suggest one over the other? Any advice would be appreciated as I would like to make the most out of the days I spend up there (I'll be fly-fishing). I'll be practicing strict catch and release to allow the rest of you the opportunity to have the same fun I'm hoping to have.

Thus far I'm thinking I'll try out the following flies: Knouuf Lake, Leeches, Dragon and Damsel nymphs.

Is there someplace I can access depth charts for these lakes online? Sharphooks doesn't seem to have these lakes listed.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I fished paska 2 years ago and caught about 20 fish in 2 hours, but nothing was over 12 inches. Any fly seemed to work well. Some people camped there said that there are fish up to 2 lbs in there.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Maps

You can get depth maps for most lakes with fishwizard www.fishwizard.com

It takes a while to get used to navigating the site so here are some pointers;

1:Launch fishwizard
2:Select find location at the top of the screen
3:Select lakes rivers and streams.
4:Search for the lake in question.
5:Click on the name of the lake and it should load a map of the lake.
6:Click on the I (Information) at the top of the screen then click on the lake.
7:Click on Lake report in the right column.
8:You will now see the different options in the right column (Species present, Stocking info,Depth charts ect)
9:)Click on the different options to get info.
10)Print depth charts and go fishing 8)

I just checked Face lake and there doesn't appear to be a depth chart listed for this lake :roll: You can also get depth maps from www.anglersatlas.com but I think they get the depth maps from fish wizard :?

Another good site for backroads/camping is http://srmapps.gov.bc.ca/apps/recst/html/recsites_base_map.htm
You can get a pretty good look at lakes by zooming your lake of choice and selecting Layers then click on Orthophoto you can almost see the shoals :wink: :shock: Also helps in exploring new areas and finding new lakes to fish.

Dont forget to bring some shrimp patterns and blonde damsel nymphs. You have mail :wink:

Have fun 8)

-RC

1 - 6 of 6 Posts