BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I have been trying out my hand at catching kokanee lately with not much luck. Is there a particular piece of tack they prefer? What sort of technique should i be trying out when fishing for them?

Thanks for all the suggestions!
SaM

· Registered
327 Posts
Was out this summer for them in a lake South of Vanderhoof.
Couldn't keep them off our lines. We trolled a willow leaf and then about 12 to 15 inches behind a red/orange(front) and silver Triple Teaser.
Within 1/2 hour we had our limit both days.
I can't find Triple Teasers here on the Lowermainland but up North no problem.
Here's the manufacture's web site.

http://www.yakimabait.com/catalog/html/Triple-Teazer-p-1-c-267.html

· Banned
2,854 Posts
TroutWilde,

which lakes in the lower mainland have you been trying? I know the guys were doing awesome trolling lures in Kawkawa lake earlier this year when we were there. Alot better then we were doing on the fly :(

· Registered
62 Posts
kakawa lake. 30-40 feet of water. 3-6 turns up off the bottom with a #4 red gammie and a whole died krill. ONLY WAY TO GO!!! the thing is tho it is a very moddy lake u can fish 4 2 hours and not gt a sniff and in a half hour limit out like that. i have fished it when the bite was on and was gettin bites when my bait was goin down! march till august is key.
2hottie

· Registered
106 Posts
nicola lake- ford fender or willow leaf attractor, with a bungie so it doesnt tear their lips, then a dark green wedding band. always getting one on the line before i was finished letting it out! but that was during the summer months..

· Registered
76 Posts
They are also plentiful on Alouette lake (Golden Ears Proovincial Park). I've caught them on worm-tipped weddings bands behind a willow leaf, both on the surface as well as down below using a Deep Six planer. I've also caught them on the planer using an Apex "Trout Killer".

· Registered
20 Posts
I fish kokes a lot and the best technique I have found is to fish the smallest dodger and wedding rings tips with white shoepeg corn or maggot. I troll this setup off a rigger with the ball from 12’-35’, as slow as you can go!!!! The key is speed and depth control, and when you find them just troll around in tight circles.

RD

· Registered
461 Posts
My favs a Small 6" Luhr Jenson chrome dodger trailing a pink Apex trout killer 20" behind. Gaudy pink or red fly patterns also work well trailed behind a dodger. Use a bit shorter leader for the flies as they don't have their own action like the spoons. Troll fairly slow as you don't want the dodger to start rotating like a flasher. Sometimes I also use a small rubber snubber as a shock absorber if the hooks aren't holding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.