BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I headed up into Nemiah valley last week for some visiting and fishing, with an old friend who lives in the area. The fires in the area and the air quality, are just nasty right now. I had planned on a two week trip,but when the CRD shut the road down last night from Lee's Corner to Bella Coola I packed up and headed for home! Anywho.. We fished Konni for a few days with only two bows to hand. (but I think I hold the new world record for the number of white fish caught in one day) Water temp was comparable to a warm bath..(Both fish were caught on a lake troll with a worm tipped green wedding band) Then we headed for Fish lake.. Pretty much the same story, I managed to play three fish in one day.. All three managed to shake me off though. So we tucked our tails between our legs and headed for Chaunigan with hopes of some better results.. Wrong. I tried everthing in my arsenal to hook us up, with no luck at all! After about 4 hours I set aside my fly rod and started trying my luck with spinners .. That got me a couple bites, but both times I failed to set the hook.. Seems like the summer doldrums have set in . I'm headed back up mid to late Sept to try again.. Hopefully by then the water temps will have dropped, and the hard working crews in the area will have control of the fires.. I headed out at about 8 pm last night and after the sun went down I counted 32 lightning strikes ! And those were just the ones I saw through the windshield. I can only imagine how many new fires were started last night.. If your off to the area, keep an eye on the road closures as they seem to change daily. And be careful....Cheers.................................<)))><

1 - 1 of 1 Posts