BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Outta here in the morning. New windows are installed at the house........still running around like an idiot and have to touch base with sarg!!

Fishing sounds kinda medicore right now but I have the game boy dusted off ( http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forums/threads/16079-How-to-keep-young-punks-busy-while-salmon-fishing) for demco99....I'll fish and shove a soother in his mouth if he wants to know "how long til we go home???". I have crayons, colouring books and a blow up Dora the Explorer doll.....hopin' I don't witness something that leaves me really, really disturbed!! :eek: :p I don't wanna come home having to "not talk" about "THE incident". ;)

We've got 6-8 of us fishing........and hoping that the "mediocre" reports are about to change with the weather, tides and the moon. :peace:

Hope y'all have a good week.......I'll fire up another "update" thread like I did last year and pics will be up by mid next week if not sooner.

Here's hopin' to get spooled on the first fish on the first afternoon just like 2 years ago!! :cheers:

Another member of the board is rollin' over and hittin' the briney on Friday morning and hopin' to put another face to a name by Friday afternoon!!! 8)

·
Registered
578 Posts
Knock um dead Pip, best of luck 2 ya
just remember 2 post them pics of your trip so that the unlucky work'n stiffs like myself can enjoy some

K

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update...........plenty of fish with the bite "on" consistently by about 8-9:30 am. Nothing really big.....but up to low 20's with chickens a plenty.

"Junior" demco and I had a pretty epic battle with a sea lion this morning to salvage the biggest fish thus far. The "kid's" arm started cramping up after 10 minutes so I had to step in and finish the battle.

Pippen and demco - 1
Foul breathed sea lion - 0 :p

·
Registered
266 Posts
I haven't been there in 2 years but I still remember the sea lions. I wish I could be there now it sounds great. I remember some awesome halibut fishing too, almost anywhere outside.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Yeah well you wouldn't wanted to have been there over the past 4 days as I was. Winds blowing a steady 25 and increasing to 35 every afternoon. 4 mile reef was pretty rough but the fish were there. It just wasn't very fun to fish for them. Had a great top water fight from a 23 lb'er that acted alot bigger than he measured.

Sorry I missed yah out there Pip. We will be there again next year though same time.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah well you wouldn't wanted to have been there over the past 4 days as I was. Winds blowing a steady 25 and increasing to 35 every afternoon. 4 mile reef was pretty rough but the fish were there. It just wasn't very fun to fish for them. Had a great top water fight from a 23 lb'er that acted alot bigger than he measured.

Sorry I missed yah out there Pip. We will be there again next year though same time.
Ya....the winds were a bit of a beeotch through the weekend; definitely an easier fish last Weds, Thurs, Friday. We managed to get out for a fish yesterday morning with a fairly quick limit considering we were working on 1 downrigger as something is severely messed up on the second on a friend's boat. Had 2 quick fish in the boat within about 10 minutes......lost what felt (by demco) a pretty good hali on a long line release on it's way up and grabbed 2 more springs after that before headin' in to pack and get ready for the plane.

Had a great battle yesterday morning as well with a 20ish pound spring that hit the rigger on it's way down at about 50'. We were thinking that this had to be the "the fish" that would be pushing the 30lb envelope; I was sad to see it was smaller than expected but it put up the best fight for me of the week.

Will get some pics up in the next couple of days. Gotta get the "work front" caught up first.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts