BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I fished Lafarge yesterday and guess what
Saw two guys fly fishing and they bonked way to many fish :wallbash:
One was in a green\orange u tube and the other in a green cat
One had a Burgundy truck the other was a black truck (could not see the model)
When i tried to get over to where they got out of the water they made a quick exit to there trucks
If i see them again i will try to explain the regulations :naughty: :naughty:
There was a guy on the shore fishing with two rods :naughty:
before i got over there i noticed another fisherman that was passing have a word with him and he quickly reeled in one of his lines :thumbup:

as for a report well i lost count of how many i hooked
I was using a green glittery wooly bugger with a brass bead and a full sink line
Best action was when i cast out and quick strip 8)
The bite did go on and off at times
Best was when it was raining hard
One fish hit so hard it snapped my 4lb leader

· Registered
206 Posts
People like that have no respect for the fish, the wildlife, the rules and each other. I hope they realize soon what idiots they are.

· Registered
327 Posts
If everyone did it there would be no fish left in the lake, even if it is stocked.

It's not too late phone it in to the RAPP line 1-877-952-7277 or on cell #7277.
If enough people complain and call this in eventually a RCMP or CO will show up there.

It won't take much time and it's anonymous or you might get a reward.

They are stealling our resources and our passion.

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What were the size of the fish? Typical 12 inchers or did you get some nice 16+ inchers?
mostly around 12inch

you didnt try any chronies?
No the action was good enough with the wooly bugger and it was breezy and wet
not the weather for sitting in one spot

will be there Saturday maybe see you also
if my wife is working i will be there as i dont have to be at work till 5pm :thumbup:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
sounds good Britguy

I will be in a blue Fishcat 'toon and my buddy in a blue Vboat, if your there come by and say hi as we will be the guys slaying fish :thumbup: :thumbup: I tied up the deadly chronie tonight all ready to go now. will be there around 9ish (on the water)

· Registered
218 Posts
mcallagan said:
If everyone did it there would be no fish left in the lake, even if it is stocked.

If enough people complain and call this in eventually a RCMP or CO will show up there.

An RCMP will show up? Very unlikely!! A CO yes

· Registered
917 Posts
HOOK said:
sounds good Britguy

I will be in a blue Fishcat 'toon and my buddy in a blue Vboat, if your there come by and say hi as we will be the guys slaying fish :thumbup: :thumbup: I tied up the deadly chronie tonight all ready to go now. will be there around 9ish (on the water)
Shouldn't you be "slaying" fish at Roche Lake at the BCFR fishout? ;D That's where I'd be if I had the chance to get out again! Have fun out there... :thumbup:

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shouldn't you be "slaying" fish at Roche Lake at the BCFR fishout?
If i you can get the weekend off sure you would be there but if you only get the chance to hit the water for one day then Lafarge is a good option :thumbup:
Sorry i could not make it out today Hook but the wife is off and she is going away for a week in the morning(yeeha) i can fish every night for a week :happy: :happy: :happy:
Both my days off will be spent volunteering at Lafarge Family weekend :thumbup:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
I was going to hit Roche but things fell through and i got stuck here instead so Lafarge for the day was a good option.

report from yesterday is: fishing was slow i missed a bunch, landed 8 buddy landed 4 and missed several. wooly bugger produced nothing :confused: all fish taken on chronies at depths from 4feet down to 10feet. if the sun had come out the fishing should have been better but it was off and on rain which kept the bite limited to only when the rain lightened or stopped and the sun came out for a bit.

i can say this though. Im pretty sure i still slayed compared to everyone else around though :happy: how sad does that sound.

· Registered
99 Posts
I know alot of people say "I don't care, there just stupid catchables, who cares if people catch over their limit" But remember guys, even if you don't care somebody else does and also these are the same people who will go to our rivers and keep over their limits in salmon, trout and maybe even steelhead :2cents:

· Banned
2,854 Posts
i have done this once and only once and was at Green timbers a few years back. there was a guy keeping more than his limit ALIVE in a bucket :naughty: so after i saw him put like the 8th one in the bucket i went over when he went to pee and dumped them back in the lake :happy: :happy: :happy: then gave him sh** and educated him about the reg's

he admitted he knew nothing and even didnt have a licence and thanked me for my info. next time i saw him he actually showed me his licence and asked me about other lakes and fishing.

I think its always good to "attempt" to educate people and if they refuse or give you attitude, well... then they deserve a good cold swim :happy:

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i got back from work at 4pm so i hit the lake at around 4.30pm
man was it slow i only had one hit
Should of listened to Hook and used chronomids

lots of guys fishing from shore and i only seen one guy hook one

There was a guy in a tube and he was hooking a few

He asked me if i saw what happened near the shore area
No i replied
He hooked a trout and out of nowhere wham! an Osprey hit his fish :eek:
It took off screeming out his line
then the hook came loose
Osprey got the fish
He got the fright of his life :happy:

· Registered
3,796 Posts
fyrslyer said:
mcallagan said:

An RCMP will show up? Very unlikely!! A CO yes
actually the mounties will show up there. It is right across the street from the Coquitlam detachment, and the mounties respond quite readily to complaints on urban waters.

· Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
this would be the number to call
www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca

2986 Guildford Way
Coquitlam, BC V3B 7Y5
(604) 945-1550

not 1-877-952-7277 or on cell #7277. this is for calls from the US

· Banned
2,854 Posts
hey Britguy

do you know if they stock the lake again before this weekend?

seeing as it is the family fishing weekend and all, I heard they stock the lakes pretty hard for this so the kiddies have lots of fun :thumbup: :thumbup:

is there a lake in Surrey that holds this also? i looked at the list but didnt see one :confused:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.