BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got to laidlaw about 1:00 this afternoon......only one truck there and broken glass everywhere from windows smashed in......very sad state of affairs.....was very leary about leaving my truck but decided to fish so made sure nothing was left in the truck.....took my stereo out and put it in my pack.....then i put a sign on the tailgate reading "nothing of value in the truck.....unlocked".....rolled down the windows and headed for the river......only one guy on the river so i buddied up with him for the afternoon.......4 others came down and were fishing the shore line for pinks right at the start where you hike to the river

bb with a 3 foot leader with wool, spin'n glows etc.....float fished with numerous hardware but no takers......my partner landed 1 pink lost one spring then nothing for a couple of hours.....he then lost another large spring then beached an 8 lb red chrome spring......around 4:00 I got a couple of head shakes from a very large spring but that was it for me....the only difference in our techniques was he was using a 10 foot leader and i was using a 3 to 4 foot leader.....his spring was hooked right inside the mouth not snagged.....there were quite a few pinks visible very close to the shoreline.....it was weird fishing there with no one else fishing.....very enjoyable except for the nagging feeling about the parking lot but about 5;00 we headed back together and everything was fine.....will probably give it another shot on sat......springs still there for sure

·
Registered
271 Posts
TheNinja said:
that wasn't a red spring it was a coho. be more careful red spring arn't running
I have tagged red springs in the 3rd week of Sept up there. More whites than reds but a few still coming in. Only went out one day this year with the BB'ing gear as to follow the DFO requests. I have heard that there is a ton of sock's in the river for a few days now. Wish the DFO wouldn't play with the numbers.

Rob

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no question about it being a red spring.....was out there last sat and i lost 2 more....saw one about 30 lbs beached and at least 4 more hooked and lost.....various depths but hit mine at only medium cast length

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.