BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, my fishing buddy and I have this discussion every year. We normally troll Upper Arrow lakes for Rainbows and of course Dollies.. I have read that in spring time it is best to troll at slower speeds (under 2 mph) and faster if you like in the fall aka 3 mph and above. We normally use lyman and apexs through the year, but during spring, throw a wedding ring on with pink maggots.. what speeds do you normally go?

I am going to go out on a limb and say this holds true for Kinbasket Lake too.. we are heading out there Friday for a guy's weekend of fishing

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
I usually go 1.5 - 2 mph all year, I change it up with small bursts and wide S curves to vary the plug speed, I usually troll the bigger lakes with a #4 Lyman.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I usually go very slow and can just feel my ford fenders bouncing. I also make big cuts like wonderbery to drop the line then pull it back up. You wouldnt how many bows we have got just after the drop and pulling it back up.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The "S" pattern in towards shore and then back out is deadly. Can't believe the number of fish I've gotten, usually as the inside (lower) lure rises up back into the zone. From shallow to deep at the edge is also deadly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info.. we are going to be trying the big #9 lymans this weekend on the lake. Never tried lymans bigger then 4's yet.. I want to see what we can attract.. hoping to catch some nice big Dollies... but a nice size rainbow or two would be nice also...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts