BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been fishing in Whistler and last week had great luck with roe bags on the appropriate lakes, got about 20 1-2lb trout a day. Today
i went out and only hit one, the chronobid didnt do much help either. What are good colors and tips i could use for different times of this season..anyone? thanks alot :)

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Hey LT...First off I'll just quickly point out that when you post the question regarding "lake trout", my first thought was the species, meaning "lakers", a member of the char family...in reading your post now I realize you mean any trout that reside in lakes....

I haven't fished lakes much the last 5 yrs or so, but I did fish them quite a bit back in the day. I good place to start for you would be to key in on what species you have available to you and their food sources....

Try and find any books you can on lakes regarding "entomolgy"-(the study of insects), this is key for food sources...then find out whatever you can about turnover, lake structure, and bathymetric maps of the lakes you fish, etc...

Then list some of the lakes you are fishing and we'll try and help you out...I will post more later, but I am off to work now...in a rush...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey lainbow tlout,

I'll give you a tip. You have to go fishing with me in order to catch those trout. Just joking dude, not much luck this week-end eh. The fish have moved, and will continue to do so throughout the season. You have to find other productive areas, and hit them at opportune times.

Nates

1 - 4 of 4 Posts