BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading out west this weekend, and was interested if anyone has been out recently and what sort of numbers of coho are still around. Kind of hoping that since most runs seem to be a couple of weeks behind, that I might just hit it right for a change this year.

· Registered
120 Posts
Was thinkin of headin out myself. Would love to get into some Coho.....probably lower rivers on Skeena/Nass should have some fresh fish. A couple I know just came from 2 weeks out there and they mainly fished the Copper 'cause the Steelheading was awesome.

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hay Tacheeda after seeing your new Avtar I recall fishing with you a couple of times @ 18 mile rock over the last couple of years. I am heading out on sunday afternoon, hopefully this rain stops for a few days or it might be some big water. I am going to try to find my way into the upper Lakelse on monday and poke around, and may head into the Tseax on tuesday if the fishin' stinks.

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well spent monday and tuesday on the coast poking around for some late coho or steelhead. Monday morning we decided to hike into the upper Lakelese, arrive at first light to find coho stacked all through the runs, only problem was, most were well into the red on there spawn. Concentrated on the deeper and swifter runs (few and far between) hoping to get into fresher fish, to no avail. Arround noon decided to motor up to the Lava beds and check out the Tseax, upon arrival chat up some local Nisga who were fishing above the bridge, they go on to tell us that they got into a couple coho that morning in the upper river but that the water had come up. Having come that far and my buddies had never been to the area so we headed down to the halfway hole to find the water high and coloured and only a few late springs rolling arround. Fished for about three hours in a down pour than decided to head for a quick dip in the hotsprings up there before calling it a night. Over a beer and diner we planned out tuesday, we were thinking that if we hiked into the Lakelse canyon we might find some fresher fish furthor down the system. We spent about 5-6 hours releasing aggresive males that were attacking any fly we swung in front of them. All in all a good trip, seen and fished a few new runs and pools, good company and crappy weather, typical Northcoast fall fishing, I love it. Well next trip is down to the Fraser valley in November for a little sturgeon fishing, I think I will try for after the derby and hope for good weather.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.