BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lakelse River
I was wondering how the salmon fishing is on the lakelse river, July, Aug., Sept. I am going to take a trip up there this year, the last three weeks in August. I was told this is the best time of year, for sockeye pinks and Coho, and summer run steel head. I am interested in getting some information on the Lakelse River. Can you run a jet boat on the river, and is there gravel bars like the upper Fraser, or is it big boulders? Where the river comes in to the lake , can you run a boat up into the lake?

·
Registered
25 Posts
No No AND no again!! No jet boatin in the lakelse! (small stream)It does however flow into the skeena and that is the one for a jet boat!
I'm not a 100% sure but the skeena may be closed in that area(mouth of lakelse) To let the big bad Chinookies spawn! It could however still be open to fish just may not target the chinooks!

If you have a jet boat it would be no problem for you to take off down the skeena below the kalum to find gravel bars(like the fraser) to set up camp and fish from dawn till dusk!!Great time of year as there are all 5 salmon swimming by and the sweet sweet summer steelies!! Good luck

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
The Lakelse is a beautiful wild river that is a classified water....The only downside to this system is that cars parked along the river often suffer the same fate as some cars parked along the Fraser in the "busy " season. It is a beautiful river with lots of bears wandering along its shores and happily raiding any food source they can find so take all the necessary precautions, especially later in the summer......Ortho

1 - 3 of 3 Posts