BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi if anybody can help would be greatly appreciated. Trying to figure out where the exact point of this is, thanks.

In the area bounded by a line commencing at a fishing boundary sign located
at the eastern end of Landstrom Bar (Scale Bar) to a fishing boundary sign
on the opposite bank of the river, thence to a fishing boundary sign at the
southern end of Croft Island, thence to a fishing boundary sign on the nearest
bank of the river in a westerly direction, thence following the bank of the river
in a westerly direction to the Point of Commencement, May 1-Oct 31

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Well, I do not have a pic..and haven't fished up there in a couple yrs...but from my understanding....from that fish sign with the x in it in a triangular shape to silver hope creek back over to the southern half of croft island...is NO FISHING...everywhere below that no fishing sign is fair game...if you fish there...there are 3 signs on the river one at the top of landstom bar...one on the far bank in a diagonal island...and one near the middle of croft island.....I've seen them before while boating by up there....hope my awkward wording makes sense...

Mike <")))))))><

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Scale bar is a huge bar. The boundary sign is very noticable at the upper end. The area that is closed to fishing on the scale bar is a small portion at the top. Trust me you won't be able to miss the big white triangles in the tree.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a lot, has anybody fished around here before? I'm probably gonna go up around this area later this year and was wondering if it was even worth it to try bar fishing here.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Why do you think this particular area is closed? It is a notorious snagging/gaffing/flossing spot that creates a lot of problems with cars parked on the highway and garbage by the ton left by all the users of this area. I don't think they have solved the garbage problem yet, but a few more fish might make it to the Fraser Canyon.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Great place for Barfing, in fact if selective technique requests are followed, it would be a great walk in spot for anglers without boats to catch some Shynook :thumbup:.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
You are quite right, Bent Rod.......It really is a good place for bar fishing, and it would be nice if the regs reflected this fact. I just have some memories of a recent spring/sockeye slaughter i witnessed there. The river bed is ideally suited for bar fishing and it IS a good shore fishing spot........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When do you guys think would be a good time to go up there? I know with the incoming snow melt the river would probably be faster than preferred but would it still be fishable? I'm thinking probably mid-late may if possible, or maybe early june. Would be my first time bar fishing so any help would be awesome. If anybody has any good links to gear needed/tips/etc would also be great. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts