BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everybody. I have been lucky enough to get out about 20 times already this spring... and although I have been into quite alot of fish... I have found things to be quite difficult to figure. For example all of the hatches.../emergences seem to be delayed, but not by as much as the time the ice is late. It also seems to me that there is more overlapping hatches than usual. For instance sunday I was at a little lake that had 3 different chronomids coming up hard all day,then a very good mayfly hatch around mid day, and topped off with the first dragons making thier presence known...(droool). but with all this activity, the lake was fishing pretty slow. I dont know for sure but it seems to me that things a a little screwy this spring. It also seems that the larger fish are taking their time getting back into feeding, maybe the spawn is later. :confused:
what have YOU found?

· Registered
334 Posts
20 times??????????? ???
I was proud of myself for going once so far on the may long weekend!
I was at big bar and the fishing was quite slow there as well. Kinda wierd. They were jumping a lot but I think they are cleaning their gills when they do that. Very few hatches if any. I was catching em on leech and shrimp patterns.

· Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it kind of depends where and when the ice comes off. Where I have been fishing the ice ice is about 3 weeks later than usual.It seems as though things are compressed :-\ probably and it creates a moodier fish. ??? Maybe not, :confused: Gonna head up to jimmy I think, this weekend,.. I am expecting the chronomidding to be excellent. but -probably wont be, I guess that is my point.
I am sort of expecting that as the summer closes in the predictability of the lakes should even out a little as the temperatures attain their normal values for that time of year. We'll see. :beerchug:good luck all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.