BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent last week up in Terrace and had a great trip. We started out drifting the Kitimat last monday and the fishing was very slow. Only managed to hook one Coho in a very long drift that day, so we decided to take a couple days off from drifting and headed into the Lava Beds for some Spring action. As soon as we got there we new it had been a good decision as there was excellent numbers of fish through out the lower end. The fish were stacking up in the lower pools waiting for a bump in water levels to push through. Todd and I both hooked many fish in the two days we were there and the scenery was second to none. Thursday we headed back to the Kitimat with much better results, we managed somewhere arround 30 Coho that day and virtually nailed fish on everything from hotshots to jigs. Friday I had the pleasure of hooking up with PatAV and Kim and drifted the Kitimat again, the fishing wasn't as hot as the previous day but was still rewarding as all of us at one point or another getting into some Coho, it was great to meet other members of the site and I am looking forward to fishing with Pat and Kim again in the future. Saturday we headed home and stopped at few spots on the Suskwa and Bulkley rivers, we found more Coho at every spot we stopped and was just the icing on the cake for a great week. Now its time to turn to Steelhead and Coho a little closer to home.

Bill

Todd making floatfishing look very easy. LOL.

Lava beds Spring.

Lava Beds on the way out.

Vetter falls.

Nice limit of Kitimat Coho.

A couple of landowners on the Kitimat.

Kim battling a Coho and PatAV in the foreground.

And the end result.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
587 Posts
nice job pg! I will be in smithers from sept 26 to oct 16 if you want to head out!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Cascade sounds good, I am just heading into a turn around at work, but I finish the Oct 1st. I was planning on a spending a week or so up at the Aspen forest rec site and fishing the Morice. Are you planning on floating or boating the rivers? Drop me a PM before you head up.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I will boat with what I have around here when I go to leave. which is either a 20' north river with a 1" bottom or (more preferably) a 1875 jmax extreme shallow center console. If the lodge isn't too booked I can score a drift boat easily. I haven't done the morice at all....what kind of water is in there. That jmax didn't like the rapids in the thompson too much (class III at best) just way too flat... so if the water is nice and shallow I will be alright. I will stay mostly in the bulkley, morice and telkwa.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Hey Bill,

Great report and it was great to meet you. You and Todd are both true gentlemen and great anglers thanks again for all the help. I will post a report in the next few weeks when we get all our photo's together and I am caught up at work.

Cheers,

Pat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.