BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Needle nose pliers! Stanley Tools $ 8.99 at Walmart or Target. There is a cutting edge at the base of the pliers just above the handle!

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Needle nose pliers! Stanley Tools $ 8.99 at Walmart or Target. There is a cutting edge at the base of the pliers just above the handle!
But don't ct through the lead. Only cut deep enough to heavily score the lead then break it of with a back and forth motion.

·
Registered
188 Posts
You get a better drift with split shot anyways. If you like to keep your rig neat and tidy, go with a 3 way swivel and nail knot a piece of pencil lead to the swivel with some high test line, wrap the line between the pencil lead with some hockey tape, and wrap the lead itself to stop it from clanging off the rocks.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Or a slinky:
a 2"-3" section of surgical tubing you attach at your swivel and you can vary the weight with the amount of split shot you insert into the tube
(also, it's one way to reuse those over-used splitshot if your not melting them back down)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Or a slinky:
a 2"-3" section of surgical tubing you attach at your swivel and you can vary the weight with the amount of split shot you insert into the tube
(also, it's one way to reuse those over-used splitshot if your not melting them back down)
Thats a pretty cool way to make it easily adjustable on the water... I might have to incorporate that for when I can get my fly rod outta my hands :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.