BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
legend boats?

hey guys thinking of buying a legend 15 or 16 ft fishing sport boat. i went on line with legendand found a couple i am interested in, but i can not find a dealer close by. i thought there was a dealer in chillawack. anyone know where one is thanks.

· Registered
691 Posts
Re: legend boats?

They have a real big selection too, make sure you know what year you want and are looking at if you go out. They have alot of 1-2 year old models, that should be at a discount. Also there have been some changes in what motor comes with certain boats, I think the current ones come with 40hp 4-strokes in stead of the 50hp 2-strokes they did come with.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

ya on the web site the say they come with 50 mercs, i will have to check that out, thanks for info on the models that may be couple years old i will have to inquire about those ones befor paying full pop on the same boat only newer. thanks again eimaj

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

thanks for the help here guys, today i went and bought myself a 16ft xcaliber legend with a 50 4stroke merc. cant wait to pick it up on wed. (finally on the water)

· Registered
206 Posts

stsfisher, I almost bought that same boat! Please tell us how it runs and handles in the water. I may still consider to buy one.
thanks

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

hey stalker, just got back from the maiden voyage. went to chillawack lake for the weekend to give the boat a run. when eveything was said and done including an upgrade on the motor(502stroke-504stroke),premuim package, taxes, freight ,levies,and everyother fee they can soak you for. $24,000. real nice boats that handle very well, the only thing i should have done was max the motor to a 75hp, the 50 seems to take a while to get up on plane with 3 in the boat,just have to shift up front for the start brefly(minor inconvienence).

· Registered
584 Posts

Lost of boat packages from factories are underpowered in my opinion...keeps the price attractive! It is usually a good idea to put the max power on the transom that the boat is rated for. That makes sure you will always have the full potential of the boat and is less expensive in the long run with better resale potential. As for the prop change, load your boat with the gear and passangers that you would normally carry and find the WOT rpm of the unit with the engine tilted so that it is STRAIGHT up and down, not trimmed out! then get the prop that allows you to run in the upper range of the max RPM to make use of everyone of those 50 ponies

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.