BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was up at Leighton Lake Saturday to Monday with a friend and our Sons... Beautiful lake and a great Campsite. The fishing was slow for us but we were splitting our time between fishing and hunting. We hooked one fish Saturday but I lost him. Sunday we hooked 3, lost 1 and released the second small guy… My son brought in the third fish, Maybe 2.5 lbs., this was his first and it was a fun fish to catch. Unfortunately dad forgot the net and we lost him getting it into the boat… My boy loved it and can’t wait for the next trip. Monday morning we didn’t even get a hit. It’s hard to keep the kids excited on the boat when the bite id off though…

Saturday night we witnessed something super cool… As soon as the sun disappeared behind the mountains the trout started jumping like crazy… What seemed like hundreds were jumping in front of the north camp site… I was talking to one of the campers and the same thing happened the night before… Kids loved it!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I was up at Leighton Lake Saturday to Monday with a friend and our Sons... Beautiful lake and a great Campsite. The fishing was slow for us but we were splitting our time between fishing and hunting. We hooked one fish Saturday but I lost him. Sunday we hooked 3, lost 1 and released the second small guy… My son brought in the third fish, Maybe 2.5 lbs., this was his first and it was a fun fish to catch. Unfortunately dad forgot the net and we lost him getting it into the boat… My boy loved it and can’t wait for the next trip. Monday morning we didn’t even get a hit. It’s hard to keep the kids excited on the boat when the bite id off though…

Saturday night we witnessed something super cool… As soon as the sun disappeared behind the mountains the trout started jumping like crazy… What seemed like hundreds were jumping in front of the north camp site… I was talking to one of the campers and the same thing happened the night before… Kids loved it!
shoulda been on the water then ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts