BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hey Rib'...You gonna give us the scoop on what where and how you caught your first sturgeon, which was a pretty nice specimen I must say!. ;D...Can't wait for all the details!.................Ortho 8)

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Oh man, the suspence is killing me........ :( :D.....

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
This story has been removed at the original posters request. Please see theconscientiousangler.com for the original content.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Awesome read Rib. ;D I remember my first as well, was about 3 feet. I thought it was awesome as well. I was using my salmon rod for that one, about 2 weeks later I hookoed a monster, which was probably only around 5 -6 feet, but on the salmon rod, well... It played with me for about 30 min before taking al my line..... :-[ ;D ;D The next week I had the proper gear and it has been a blast ever since. Great job, and there will be many more bigguns to come. ;D

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
always great to read what youve got, grats on your first sturgeon... ill have to go out and get mine sometime soon i hope.

:peace:

·
Registered
117 Posts
:thumbup: Rib you played that fish and smiled like a champion. Well deserved fish for a great fisher and a awesome story teller!! :drunk: i have a closer pic here!!

Steelie

·
Registered
304 Posts
Congrats Rib and Marco!
BTW is that Shimano Talora rod?
I have one brand new, and I would like to hear your opinion.

Cheers,

Barba

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Barba said:
BTW is that Shimano Talora rod?
I have one brand new, and I would like to hear your opinion.
Yeah its a Taldora, got it for christmas last year. I have only managed a small one on it (bout 2ft) and it worked really easy, but you'll have to wait for Rib's response on how it was with a bigger fish. I have started to like my Trophy a little better, or at least the fish do...that rod is 5-2 so far ;)

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I liked it a lot. The Talora was nice and lightweight, and probably perfect for those smaller and mid sized sturgeon...I imagine it might be a bit soft for the big uns, but as I haven't caught a big un yet, I can't say for sure. It is very sensitive though, plays tricks on you at times...lol

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Rib....congrats and great read once again. You didn't get skunked on the sturgie but did Marko skunk ya on the crib board??

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
I think he sand bagged me and let me win......but I'll take it just the same.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Funny how this fish have been in the river for millions of years and only recently have they been targeted by sportsfishers...Once you get the hang of it there is nothing better....Ususally better success rate than barfishing and when the family or friends go out it is always a good time getting a rod bent......Nice goin' Rib and Marko!....By the way.....Nice boats!......Ortho 8)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Well Rib hats off to ya for your first sturgon! And the story in detail was excellent! Good job! Now if only i can hook my first sturgon i'd be a happy camper!
Looks like ya had good company with ya anyways!
C.K.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
Hey Kevin, you a little nervous sittin' in a 12 footer with an 8 ft. fish on the end of your line........LOL ;D ;D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts