BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My step father is comming out next weekend and asked if I would take him out for a day of sockeye fishing. He is from manitoba . If he is practicing catch and release and is not keeping any fish, does he need a salmon tag? Does he need a salmon tag or just a 1 day license?we will be fishing the fraser non-tidal

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
If I'm not mistaken he'll need the one day and a tag. The C&R angle will not go over well with a CO. or the DFO. Best to get the tag .

Cheers Marko

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
A tag is only needed if a salmon will be retained, C&R is fine however with sockeye you might as well kill them theyre not really a C&R fish as its frowned upon. Its only $30 for a nonresident salmon tag which part of does go to salmon enhancements and he can then eat his catch which will taste way better than any store bought salmon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My daughter visited from Montreal a few weeks ago, one day license plus salmon tag was $56.00 I believe. Worth it to her, had a great day, worth it to me. Father daughter days are always worth it. Lots of smoked sockeye left for Montreal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts