BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Retired staff
6,673 Posts
Jack Spring! Congrats maxmagic on your first salmon...It's probably good karma that you released it anyways... ;) If you want to sharpen up on your identification skills, check out the "Coho and springs" thread in this section...I think it's on the 2nd page of freshwater discussion...

Congrats!

rib

· Registered
151 Posts
Spring for sure, nice job!

Bent Rod, Stink Puppet, LOL! Good one :)

Cheers,
Nicole

· Registered
81 Posts
Max,

We all scratched our heads over our first salmon. No worries. But just to be on the safe side, if you're not sure - release it.

It's not woth your personal grief to keep a fish that you weren't sure of.

The first one is the toughest to catch - the rest will come much easier now. :thumbup:

· Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yea. i actually enjoy having a big fish on hook..that feeling is incredible.

i only like to eat salmon sashimi in restaurants lol

BTW GUU restaurant on Water street downtown is a pretty good place for japanese food. if u guys want to try it out.

Max

· Registered
517 Posts
Black gums. Springs are the only salmon with black gums iirc. That's definitely a spring. Congrats on your first salmon! Therewill be many more :happy: :beerchug:

Lol. I remember my first. Me and my dad were trying our hands at coho. Had no idea what we were doing. I hooked into something big, and 30min later, reeled in a huge (especially to a 13 year old kid at the time) fish. It had the adipose fin, so I was trying to get the hook out. Some guy in boat yells, "that's a spring, you can keep that!" really? BONK! to think i almost let my first salmon ever go. weighed in at 37 inches long and 27 pounds.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.