BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lightest center pin rod

I wand to buy the lightest center pin rod I can get. This rod will be used on the Vedder River. Which rod out of these three would be the lightest? G-Loomis GL 3 1362. Or GL2 1263, sage 3106, 3113 and where a good place to buy Loomis rods?

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Re: Lightest center pin rod

Probably one of the light sages is the 2106! As far as where to buy loomis, not many retailers are selling them, warranty issues but I beleive Pacific Angler, http://www.pacificangler.ca/ and Chilliwack Dart & Tackle http://www.chwkdart.com/ both sell them.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

I have a St Croix 11'6" noodle rod that is very light and a great rod for the fun factor. I have landed well over a hundred steelhead locally on this stick. It has a sliding reel seat and is in mint condition.

I am actually about to put it in the classifieds if you are interested.

$125 takes her.

I switched over to their 3 piece 13 footer, and will never fish a short rod again for float fishing with the pin.

Definately take a look at noodle style rods, they are excellent rods and easily handle any local steelhead you may encounter.

Good luck

·
Registered
3,386 Posts

Not trying to take away the sale, Rod, but Temple Fork Outfitters also makes a very nice 11.5 ft. light/medium driftrod.....and it is priced very reasonably. I use it with a level wind spooled with power-pro, and fish with it using your jigs!. ;D...........Ortho 8)

·
Registered
23 Posts

Not sure if you are talking light as in action or as in overall weight. Anyways the lightest in weight would probably be the new GLX float rods from loomis, pretty pricey though. If you are looking for a light actioned rod check into the Rainshadow blanks or the Raven rods, good rods for the money.

·
Registered
84 Posts

I have a question for you...

How do you know the GLX center rod (by the way, there is no GLX float rod) is the lightest rod in weight? Not even the head office can tell you the weight of the GLX centerpin rod blank weight; or the factory GLX centerpin rod weight... Perhaps you can point me in the right direction to get some elimate blank weight cause I do like to custom made a GLX but find it very hard to see the blank weight from them.

·
Registered
419 Posts

Go to Reaction Fly and Tackle. They stock some Loomis and have a new superlight Fenwick centerpin rod. It is a "combo rod" centerpin or spinning with slip ring reel seat. I have a Loomis 1263 and it is pretty light.

·
Registered
23 Posts

charles said:
I have a question for you...

How do you know the GLX center rod (by the way, there is no GLX float rod) is the lightest rod in weight? Not even the head office can tell you the weight of the GLX centerpin rod blank weight; or the factory GLX centerpin rod weight... Perhaps you can point me in the right direction to get some elimate blank weight cause I do like to custom made a GLX but find it very hard to see the blank weight from them.
I just figured since it is the GLX material and from what I have heard that they are the lightest rods out there. I do not think they offer the blanks just the complete rods, which I guess you could strip down if you want to drop that kind of money. Float rod as in centrepin rod, same thing right?

·
Registered
84 Posts

GLoomis actually makes float rod and centerpin rod...

Gloomis float rod = spinning and casting model and 1 model looks to be for centerpin...

Gloomis centerpin = centerpin reel only reel seat with longer front grip and GLX blank only...

I wouldn't assume they are the lightest rod just because they are GLX. But they are good rods. Can't beat the MBR series GLX... Still the standard when compare to other rod brand for bass fishing...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.