BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished up by gill,we were in a boat, spectacular lightning, and then rain. we were there from 4-7, 2 fish landed, 3 lost beside the boat . After lightning and thunder started we did not touch another fish. Is this just random chance or do you think lightning and thunder CAN impact flossing?

·
Registered
419 Posts
What were you holding in your hands - graphite lighting rods?
With rubber dielectric gloves?

My point is: fishing during a lighting storm could be very fatal.

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Yes sir that was a spectacular storm.The clasps of thunder shook our home here in Sardis.Glad i was not on the water yesterday,it was raining so hard our gutters overflowed!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yup I was up at Gill too but left just as the rain sprinkled. On my way home to Sardis I went through a monsoon and Im sure a couple lightning strikes didnt hit to far from me. Crazy.

·
Retired Administrator
4,449 Posts
do you think lightning and thunder CAN impact flossing?
For real fishing where you are trying to entice a fish to bite, I believe that it does have an impact. I think the fish feel the air pressure change during a storm and for whatever reason it either causes the fish to bite or not to bite.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i find that in big lakes if there is thunder or even a pressure change the fishing will die off. but i find in realy small lakes it dosnt realy affect the fishing at all. and dont floss, its stupid.

·
Registered
146 Posts
My brother suggested that during a storm the fish may hold so if you're waiting at for them they would be unlikely to show up...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
In my experience fish on the move will react to the low pressure almost like they know rain's coming and get ready for the race up the river as the rain will raise the river levels.
Fishing in the straight, fresh fish usually come in to the fraser outflow within a day of the last low pressure/rain day.
some shoot straight up if there's no real reason to stack (high pressure)
In lakes fish tend to go deeper, but be wary of waving around a rod (a conducter) in a lightning storm.
Sturgeon, never done it, don't know.
P.S. fish don't read books or weather reports so there will be exceptions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts