BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished for sturgeon below the Lillooet bridge and down stream 20 km or so. Fishing slow, caught 4 fish, longest being 6'1". Some friends were out a few days earlier and didn't do so well either. Last year it was great fishing throughout the hot summer months! Oh well, still can't beat a day on the river.:)

·
Registered
468 Posts
I did well between Lytton and Jackass mtn. a couple weeks ago. We had 8 or 9 to the boat, biggest was over six foot. I was going to try Lillooet this coming week. Roe and worms were both working equally.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Never ever tried worms. Do you put them in a roe bag type set up or just bare on the hook. The fishing was better for us also a few weeks back.
I wouldn't think that the Meager Creek slide would affect the river to much as I think it has alot of traveling to do in Harrison Lake and would drop all of its silt. Have not been to the Fraser since the slide so I'm just guessing but hopefully it will be good as I'll be there mid week!

·
Registered
468 Posts
We're on the Fraser at Lillooet arrgh!, nowhere near the lillooet river. I used to put worms on a bare hook, then wrap spider thread around them but I lost alot that way. A nylon sac/roe bag is what I use now and it works well, just like roe. I think dew worms are more expensive than roe, digging for them where I live is useless. I put 4-5 worms in a bag, so you have about a loonie size bag.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Never dino fished up that way.... where do you put your boats in?? Fair amount of water to fish?? One day would like to head that way to give it a try!!

Mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts