BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Was up there last weekend for a guy's trip that I organize every year. Fishing was a bit slow with warm and cold fronts moving through. OVer all it was a nice weekend but should be in prime shape this weekend or next. I did all types of fishing from anchoring at a couple of creek mouths and fly fish to ruinnning the down rigger for some big dollies or springs. Fly fishing was slow but managed 3 small 10-11" fish. I did get a 17" dollies off the rigger at 12' on a brass hammered williams wobbler. My buddy got a nice 5lb dolly right on the surface trolling a spoon. I thing a Coho chrome with blue and orange back. One of the local guy's caught a spring around 25lb's. I had something hit the rigger line hard at 20' a long the rock wall closer to Birkenhead creek mouth but got off before I could set it on a chrome crock. Never took the river gear but I think there will be quite a few springs in the Lillooet River now. I hope to get up there again. Maybe the long weekend.

Cheers, Rob

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to try river fishing on the May LW . Taking me liitle boy fishing up there and to the hot springs. Did you take Harrison lake road and if so how was it, CHeers elvis

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
Lots of good hot springs up there...definitely. Are you referring to those on the Trethaway family land Elvis? Good camping, good fishing, great hosts...if those are the ones you are referring to, have they changed much over the last couple years? I haven't been there for a while... :'(

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes the Trethways.I `ve been up there 4 or 5 times in the last 6 years or so.Great place to stay and cheap too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts