BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the word on the little campbell river? what can one expect to catch in there in the next few months? pm if you don;'t wanna post here! thanks.......CK

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok the reason i ask about such rivers like the nic and the serp and the little campbell is that they are really close to where i live not to put pressure on so called little systems(lmfao) ppl need to get over themselfs and go fishing! CK

D

·
0 Posts
lol when i was 6 my grandpa used to always take me fishing on the serp. and nik. we never caught nothing it looked so dirty then and 18 years later im sure its the same lol .. isnt it all diked and blocked by bridges anyways ? tell me if im wrong cause i might just have to go check it out in the fall

·
Registered
131 Posts
koho-killer to answer your question the little campbell can be good for ho's and the odd big Spring towards and into the fall if you are there at the right time.
I also live in the general area of all the mentioned rivers and agree some folks should just lighten up and go fishing.
I personaly have fished them all on days when I don't want to travel to far or only have a bit of time and am yet to run into these hoards of fishers that apparently show up there each time someone posts about them!! :roll:

·
Retired staff
6,684 Posts
when i was 6 my grandpa used to always take me fishing on the serp. and nik
I caught my first ever salmon on the serp, with a spoon, in the lower stretch....wow was I ever excited!!! I must have been about 6 years old, saw it jumping several times in a line moving upstream, cast about 20yds past and 30yds ahead of it, and WHAM!!!!! Fish on! Couldn't have drawn it up any better! :lol: :lol: :lol: It was just a small coho, bright chrome, but my dad made me let it go.... :cry: Ahhhh, the great lessons I learned from that man....fond memories, fond memories indeed!!! :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
I think that the river closed on April !, don't know when it opens back up

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes ,yes i think you are correct! the nic,serp and the little campbell rivers are all closed from APRIL 01 UNTIL JULY 1ST.......! now does anyone have any idea on why they close these systems for 3 months out of the year?Oh let me guess (because so many ppl fish and abuse the systems that the fish need some kind of fighting chance to survive?lmfao) CK

S

·
0 Posts
Spring closures on most lower mainland rivers in order to protect outmigrating smolt populations, as well as spawning steelhead and trout.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I was at the hatchery last week, and they gates had just been opened, to allow the coho smolts to make their way downstream. Interestingly enough, they had stopped feeding them, as they had grown so large. One would imagine, that under these cicumstances they would become easy prey.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts