BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great week getting out on the water in between windy sessions.

Monday I had 5 fish on at the Hump South of Bowen. One keeper at 12lb. 3 undersize (just barely) and a high teens that I saw 3 times before he dehooked himself. These were on Chovy and Silver Haze spoon between 80-100 feet.

Tuesday I had a couple undersize off the hump. No keepers

Wednesday the wind sucked big time and I didn't get out till 5PM. I managed to get down to Discovery Islands and hooked an 18lber on Anchovey at 100 feet just before the low tide.

Thursday I was between Pt. Atkinson and the QB just before the morning low in a heavy easterly wind. Tagged a 15lber on Chovy at 95 feet.

Unfortunatly I'm travelling for a couple weeks so I won't get any fishing in. Will update later in the month. Good luck to anyone out there..

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't heard of anyone catching in Tunstall but I know Hutt and the Falls tend to produce in May as the Squamish River migratory fish start heading into the Sound.

The Hump runs about 4-5 miles south of the Roger Curtis lighthouse (SW corner of Bowen) Its and area where the depth goes from the 700-800 range up to 500. Its a rather large area. The slash is about midway on south bowen between Roger Curtis and Pt Cowan and if you line your self up with the slash out on the hump thats a pretty good area.

Also this week the area between Pt Cowan and Pt Atkinson out towards the QA was really productive

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice report tsweet. Did you mean Defense islands Wednesday, or Discovery?

I was looking (from Hwy99) at the tiny string of around 7 small rocks half way up Howe Sound on the West side thinking that would be a nice fishing spot. Do you know the name of them?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ha ha ha ...yah sorry about that...my brain timed out...it was Defence Islands up across from Porteau Cove....guess the salt air affected my brain....

For the guy asking the Falls is basically halfway on the west side of Bowen at the Third Marker assuming that North marker at Hutt is the 1st one...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.