BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i got back from the vedder i chose to try anouther flow close to home! Water was low and no signs of fish anywhere! Casted spoon, spinners nothing, So i swiched up to using cooked shrimp on the bottom! and i tell you what i couldn't even look away from the lil trout rod for a second without getting hits! landed a handfull of 10-12 inch trout and and very nive 15 inch cutthroat fresh from the ocean in the last hour of light it was madness a big feeding frenzy i guess i ended up feeding alot of my shrimp to the trout but the ones i did land were beauties all wild and released unharmed! not one of my fish had to be removed from the water to remove the hook! The spot i did try today was one i never fished befor on this flow and i'm gonna hit it again tomorrow! Befor dark there were a few big splashes i'm guessing coho's cuz they were big! Need to get me one of those big ones! very cold out there dress warm! ;D

CK

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PumpingIron said:
This is when you need the flyrod. I thought I read somewhere that you had bought one? Throw some flesh or egg patterns out and they should take them.
I sold it!:(

· Banned
2,854 Posts
its funny you say that PI because i told him not to sell it also and I would show him how to river fish it. and cast better and further. I guess he just doesnt want to learn, UNTIL he sees us fly guys getting tons of early coho ;D and later Steelhead on the fly not to mention all those smaller rivers for trout ;D

· Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
PumpingIron said:
fishortho said:
Hey PI..............Empty your inbox....can't pm you........Ortho
Its empty now bud.

Go get another flyrod Coho_Killer I would be glad to help you with any tips you need.
I'm looking yhis time for a combo setup this time around $200-250? any ideas in what i should get? 8 wt

· Registered
224 Posts
If you are looking at that price for a combo I would look at a TFO rod with a Pflueger Trion or Okuma reel. I have a TFO and Okuma Integrity and that reel takes a beat down and never lets me down. I have dropped it and had it in the sand and never have had it break or cease up on me. The TFO's are a great bang for your buck rod. I have an 8wt and handle chums and coho on it with ease.

· Banned
2,854 Posts
if you wanna spend a little more I would suggest getting an 8wt ECHO rod 10' 4 peice super strong rod no worry about breaking it, especially if you have seen that video of their 3wt :eek: :eek: then match it up with a large arbour Sage reel like the one my dad and I just picked up i think its the 1680 series and goes for 110$ I was fishing the Stave to test it out and stopped a chum DEAD in his tracks with this reel, broke my fly off a few seconds later due to line stretch but it has a great drag ;D

if you wanna check it out let me know man and you can pop by my place. (you can finish my closet when your here then to) LOL :happy: :beerchug: j/k CK

tight lines

HOOK

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.