BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy who wants to start fishing with his 12 year old son (the son has never been fishing before). He's not incredibly experienced either, but knows his way around enough to get by. He does not hvae a boat, so it would all be from shore. I personally do a lot of lake fishing, but into more remote locations in a v-boat or lake where you need to be on the water.

I was wondering if anyone out there with kids could recommend a lake for them to go to. Any help would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
fyrslyer said:
It all depnends where your friend is from there is Lafarge Lake and Como Lake in Coquitlam, you have Mill Lake in Abby, and Sardis Pond In Chilliwack all would produce from the shore.
Check the regs tho'. Your friend's kid (at 12) could fish Como Lake, but unless your friend is over 65, he can't. Could also try Sassamat. There is a floating pier going across the lake that is very popular.

·
Registered
911 Posts
He could give Foley a shot, it usually produces on the far side with a worm on the bottom set up or take him out to the Fraser and work the back washes and pound pike minnows, if your looking for constant action there's a sure fire way
Crazy D

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you can wait a few weeks, Jones Lake is a good producer. Rainbows & Cutties and Kok's, better from a tube or boat though. Just got to wait for the snow and ice to leave us for the season. I've hit Cultus 4 times since March with little success, they are there, but need lots of time and patience. Beats working, if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Diggazoid said:
I went to Harrison and there were three lakes together and I can't recall there names but they where good for kids as you can fish right from shore.
On the west side of Harrison there is Weaver, Wolf, Grace, and Francis, and on the east side there is Hicks, Deer, Moss, and Trout Lakes

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
Grace is a great little lake but a big fish there would be 14" most are around 8-10" and i wouldnt bother with Wolf but Weaver is a good bet if you have a boat and get out trolling with ford fenders or willow leaves with a worm trailer.

·
Registered
93 Posts
i used to fish sardis pond when i was a kid and all you needed to back was a hook, weight, bobber and a couple pieces of bread you could break pieces off of, dough up between your fingers and stick on the hook... was alot of fun. its stocked twice a year i believe

·
Registered
578 Posts
Whonnock, Whonnock, Whonnock, oh did I mention Whonnock. As a guy who coordinated two youth fly fishing clubs and has taught a dozen children's fly tying classes, and a father of two; I can tell you from personal experience that KIDS WANT TO CATCH FISH, not spend a day trying to catch fish. The species does not matter as long as they are catching. Therefore Whonnock fits the bill with lots of willing crappies and enough cutthroat to make it a challenge. Here's another bonus; Crappies are great eating and No-one complains when you take home a limit. of crappies

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.