BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin for a lake or river the i can possably catch a few of these fish i dont mind going for a bit of a drive .i know i sould be on the vedder hunting for steelies but im kind of craving a little bit of lake fishing if you know what i mean .. i have no boat so ill be shore fishing .

·
Registered
247 Posts
years and i do mean years ago the first wife and used to fish daisy lake for some awesome dollie fishing. we would park at the brandywine park (far end of lake from dam) and walk down (20-30 min walk) and then used single eggs (like bar fishing). don't know if the fishing is good anymore as i haven't fished it in 30 plus years.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
awsome im going to have to go on a hike to check it out ill probably wait till spring though .hopefully no snow then ha ha ha

·
Registered
477 Posts
danielk:
Check out Birkenhead Lake...near Mt. Curry. During the spring run-off/kokanee spawn...fast-trolling chrome lures or small plugs behind a gang troll gives up some large bulls and dollies. These species are catch and release only tho. PM me if you're interested to know more... Cheers! -Nathan inNW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where is Birkenhead Lake i might have to go check it out in the spring ill probabaly head to thalia lakes near princton.a friend went there in sept .he said he couldnt keep the rainbows off his flies ha ha ha ha its good hunting there too in fall.mmmmm deer ! ha bha haha ha ;D

·
Registered
477 Posts
Birkenhead Lake:
Located 22 km West of D’Arcy. 90 km North of Whistler, 145 km North of Squamish. Take Highway 99 from Pemberton northeast to Mt. Currie, turn off Highway 99 to D’Arcy. Just before D’Arcy (about 50km from Mt. Currie) there are highway signs indicating a turn off on to a gravel road that leads to Birkenhead Lake. From there it is a 17 km drive along a gravel road. The nearest communities, towns and cities are D’arcy, Pemberton and Mt Currie.

Here is a BC Parks Map of the lake area...shows where the campsites, hiking trails, creeks are etc...
www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/birkenhd/birk_.pdf

Cheers! -Nathan in NW

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.