BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone been to any mainland lakes latley? going out tomorrow and just wanted to see whats been going on? thanx!

C.K.

·
Registered
283 Posts
come to the cap. i saw 2 guys pull out good size steelies (i think it was that) yesterday & i had 3 bites,
so its almost time to nail er hard... lol

·
Registered
209 Posts
Going to Buntzen Lake myself tomorw. Every time I hit that lake and use the fly rod I end up with fish for the table later that evening. I know this lake is productive right now.
Here is an example of the avrg. size coming outta the lake right now.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fished green timbers today for a couple of three hrs. just fished worms under a float! had many many hits on the worm but nothing to shore! nice little lake and lots and i mean lots of little fish jumping everywhere,must have been 15+ ppl fishing everything from fly fishing from shore to powerbait on bottom and worms under a float! the only fish i seen on shore today came from a yellow and black little t spoon not sure on the correct name but it had the same shape as a red and white daredevil.....the fish was around 13 inches! I highly do not recomend flyfishing from shore for i seen a little girl almost get a hook in her ear as well as many ppl running on the path!

C.K.

·
Banned
187 Posts
hey coho_killer i was at green timbers all weekend, got 6, 2 on power bait, 2 on spiners, 2 on spoons. fun, ive been there almost every da this week 8)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Buntzen Lake

Do I lie? No really do I lie? I think not..... lol
Buntzen Lake is fishing good. For half a day fishing I landed 3 and lost 2 next to the boat.
Just recently started fly fishing so I cant tell you guys the names of the flies I caught them on. But lets just say they were small and skinny and brown with little wings.
A few guys float tubing and a few boats out too.
sorry about the size of the pic....

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey cohokid what colour spinners and spoons were you using? as well as what kind of powerbait? thanx......

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was at Buntzen on Tue Apr.25 for 2 hours of fishing.I brought a 13" and a 11" rainbow to the boat with a#1 brass spinner. I also tried trolling minnow and leetch patterns with my fly rod and had only a bite :? I'm thinking next time,I'll try BCfisher's "small & skinny&brown with little wings" type of fly. I'm guessing it's some type of dragonfly nymph? Maybe a halfback nymph?

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
you should also try trolling a black spratly but you have to cut the wings shorter and troll on a dry line with about 13' of leader

i have had good success with that in Buntzen

HOOK

·
Registered
88 Posts
buntzen lake

A another good fly for buntzen is a carey special / peacock body,sparse brown hackle.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Trout80 you hit on the nose! A "Carey Special" was the fly I used at Buntzen. Couldnt remember the name untill you said it. Arrived at the lake around 11am just as another guy was leaving. We chatted up a bit and after informing me of what fly he used to get his 3 trout = 1 Koke, he gave me the fly. It was that Carey Special. Good fly for trolling.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Went to rolley for a few hours on sunday with the girl friend, so I left he fly rod and tube at home, and we just fished from shore with "previously frozen" shrimp. We didn't get anything to shore but we had quite a few bites. There were tons of fish rising and jumping, and lots of insect activity. There were also lots of people fishing, it was hard to find a good spot :?

·
Registered
88 Posts
buntzen

There ya go,bc fisher.Although the carey is my go to fly for buntzen another one I have had good luck with is a small black leech with a red rib.My son and I both fish out of grey pontoons, if you see us kick over and say hello.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Went back to rolley today with my tube and fly rod this time. Fished for a few hours with a small elk hair caddis and got 9 small ones to the boat, nothing over 8 inches. The fish were all super scrappy though, lots of acrobatics, it was alot of fun. 8)

·
Registered
19 Posts
local lakes

Mike lake is also doing well,I went up to sayers on sunday that whole area looks like the F/N boat launch at Kilby.Has anyone tried Alouette lake?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts