BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
I haven't ever really fished buntzen/sasamat and so I don't know how they are doing?....even at their best, they aren't great fishing lakes...more recreational......I went and chucked out a fly at Mike lake in Golden Ears park and caught 4 in about 5 hours....I caught them on a leech pattern....nice little rainbows, average about 14 - 15 inches.....I enjoy lake fishing as much as the next but get out on the rivers right now....that's where its at!!....cheers

· Registered
87 Posts
mikerotch11 said:
I haven't ever really fished buntzen/sasamat and so I don't know how they are doing?....even at their best, they aren't great fishing lakes...more recreational......
If you've never fished there how do you know what it is like?

· Registered
72 Posts
I've done ok at buntzen, however sasamat, i've had no luck whatsoever. Shrimp under a float does seem to be the ticket at Sasamat however, from those few I did see catching fish. I'd also consider Lafarge Lake in Coquitlam. Very easy for shore fishing. Just check for stocking info first. I've caught fish at Lafarge both spincasting small spoons and spinners and you can do well with a worm under a float too.

· Registered
517 Posts
mrok said:
With the cooler weather ,has anybody tried the local lakes ,sasamatt ,buntzen ????
I have been to buntzen lake several times but never fished there because it is avery recreational place. Plus it is difficult to fish from shore, there are a couple of spots but there are always tons of people specially the w-e. it would be fun if you have a pantoon or something to go out and move from people.

G

· Registered
1,061 Posts
Giuseppe said:
I have been to buntzen lake several times but never fished there because it is avery recreational place. Plus it is difficult to fish from shore, there are a couple of spots but there are always tons of people specially the w-e. it would be fun if you have a pantoon or something to go out and move from people.

G
There are lots of places to fish from shore on the north side that aren't difficult at all, you just have to go for a hike. Theres a road that will take you to the west end of the lake with several access points. As for being crowded this time of year, nope.

· Registered
1,165 Posts
Mike lake is only fishable from the dock if you do not have a boat. Rolly lake has good access all the way around the lake. Stocking will begin again in October.

· Registered
77 Posts
Mike is best fished by a belly boat/pontoon ....you see the odd person in a canoe or 8-10 footer with paddles and Ive seen people catch fish casting from the dock or a select few spots on shore....as said, the shore is mostly marshy bog and even finding a spot to get to shore kicking in a belly boat can be a challenge.... Looking out from the dock I've had the most luck along the entire far shoreline, from the bay on the far left corner left to in front of the beaver dam, to the bay on the far right and back along the right shoreline......floating flys and leach patterns or green/yellow/brown damsilflies work good and this lake also has a good chronidimid hatch.....you also see people catch fish on a wedding band/worm and a bobber on a spin cast off the dock....pretty much try anything until it works that day.............. as far as saying that I didnt think those lakes were productive eventhough I havent fished them....this is purely based on the fact that I've gone there quite often on early spring-early fall days to enjoy a beach day with about 200 or more other people + the 5+ other little dingys of people floating around...they are recreational lakes....if a casual day out, a short drive away, and a nice day out at the beach are what you want then fish there....I just wanted to explain myself....cheers.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.