BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be in Kelowna and Vernon this weekend and I'm looking for some fly fishing. Are there any nice rivers to fish for any type of fish? I may bring the tube so throw in a few suggestions for local lakes if you have any. I'll be praticing catch and release without exception so please don't fear this Lower Mainland guy taking any of your lunkers and if you'd rather PM me about a spot which you don't want exposed to the masses, feel free.

Thanks to one and all in advance for any help.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The big lake(Lake Okanagan) was open for Kokanee although im not sure if it still is. It was a temp opening for a limited time or number of fish. One should double check with fisheries or a local fly fishing store. Belly boating is obviously not a good idea with all the yahoos in ski boats around this weekend. Lotsa smaller lakes on the ridges all above the valley but most are into algae blooms for some reason and not fishing well. That was last weekend so things may have changed. I was going fishing today at a local lake, but the phone rang and i made the mistake of answering it. Good luck :)

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Go to Trout Water Supplies in Kelowna and talk to Nick or Savas they'll hook you up! Their shop is near Leckie and Dilworth. There are hundreds of options in the area. And yes, Kokanee fishing on the big lake is still open and there are reports of 5 pound fish being taken in the usual fashion.

·
Registered
66 Posts
wood lake

wood lake in kelowna produces some decent fish, if you don't mind a walk into the bush a bit, Deep lake in vernon is a great little hole. enter it through coldstream ranch up highway 6. just watch out for lil brown pies near your feet. the dee lakes chain or arrow is great too. lots to choose from...enjoy...its a beautiful country,,,,

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Big Green Machine said:
Go to Trout Water Supplies in Kelowna and talk to Nick or Savas they'll hook you up!
I second these guys...they were very helpful and the atmosphere in the shop was very friendly. Had a great time flyfishing for bucketmouths at Shannon Lake in West bank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts