BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got a 5 lb coho directly in front of the mouth of the Cap Friday evening, 30 feet down on a white hoochie. Also released two under sized lings.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
coho are in now the cap river is really low so the coho will mill around at the cap mouth until there is enough water for them to scoot up!

·
Registered
7 Posts
We fished the mouth of the Cap and all of WV waterfront on Sat morning using various hootchies and spoons and didn't even get a sniff. Lots of boats out but we didn't see anyone hooking into anything. Normally there are Coho jumping everywhere but the only 3 splashers we saw were right out in from of the river. Not a good sign.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We left Vanier at around 12:00 and got in around 5:00. After setting crab traps we trolled spoons, hootchies and a squirt off of Ambleside, concentrating on the mouth of the Cap. Not even a nibble. Didn't see anyone else bring anything in either. One undersize crab in the traps. Oh well, nice day on the water and everytyhing worked well!

James

·
Banned
189 Posts
GetTheNet said:
We fished the mouth of the Cap and all of WV waterfront on Sat morning.............Normally there are Coho jumping everywhere but the only 3 splashers we saw were right out in from of the river. Not a good sign.
Not this early-in another month Yes but a few splashers is all you'll see in early July.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
gonna fish somewhere on the chuck tomorrow but not really too sure on where to go? anyone been out as of late?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tried again today, off of Ambleside / Pink Apts. Had one hit at 40' on the downrigger. Saw a couple of fish being taken on other boats, but not to many.

James

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
fished the mouth of the cap today got on the water around 6am fished till 11:30 used green flasher and anchovie and had only one hit between the 2 of us the fish hit almost directly in front of the cap on (my) rod i was at 50 ft in 100 ft of water! if i only had a trailer hook i woulda got em!!!! anyone use trailer hooks on anchovie set ups and if so what is the best way to tie them for i do not know? thanks........oh yeah seen a few jumpers as well as a few boats land a few coho!!!! there in there just have to work for them! the ppl who caught fish today said the magic depth for coho was 30 ft and anchivie behind a flasher!
lots of boats out today word must have gotten out! i'm now 0-2 this year with 2 hits thats it! :lol:
C.K.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Was out today with about 30 other boats at Cap mouth from just before high slack. Nada and didn't see nuttin' landed. Took off to Hole for a couple hours and got one heavy slam on a chovy at 105ft. Brought in a chovy head clean seared right behind the gill plate. How that damn fish missed both hooks I'll spend the rest of my days wondering about!

Mostly fishing, very little catching (thank God for sunshine, beer, and this beautiful place where we live)

Summertime - it's AAAAAWWWNNNN BABY!

·
Registered
816 Posts
HAHAHAHA,
I get week days off... see yeah 5:30 Tuesday.
Probably jinx my self, even though I don't bring bananas.
Have fun, Jason.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
conventrywhat boat were ya in? i took a few pic's off the o'l digital camera and well it's not the best pic but i got what it looked like thismorrning! i may have taken a pic of your boat! the boat i was in was a 17.5ft silverline(brown)!!!! oh yeah and while fishing the shore guys casting buzz bombs or whatever did fairly well from what i seen! 2 landed on shore! off the rock piles

C.K

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was at the cap on fri. had 4 fish to the boat 3 springs about 7 pounds and a wild coho.... went home empty handed but had a great day none the less.... lots of other hits too!! coyote spoons and chovies! 50-the bottom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts