BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heading out saturday with the wife . I need to impress her with my fishing prowess any news where the fish are --- Hutt island? ---- West Van??? the Cap ?? -- Qa?? --- the hole ???? any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
not to say there are fish there but a week ago(last friday) we fished the cap mouth and there were 3 or 4 charter boats fishing the same area didn't see much from the other boats but i did get a nice hit just off the cap mouth trolling away from the lions gate bridge i was in 170 ft of water and my downrigger was set at 35ft!!! anchovie with glow green teaser head and a green gibbs flasher!!!! 3 charter boats in the area must mean something good?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
linktank,
I have not been fishing at the mouth of the Cap yet, but was out cruising around english bay, bowen, howe sound on Saturday and Sunday and there were not all that many boats.......(I guess in comparison the usual mayhem that can ensue at the mouth). On Sunday at the mouth of the Cap....all along West Van there were just a small handful of boats. I saw just about as many trolling out around the freighters.......don't know if that means anything??? :?

As I mentioned in another post.....if you want to impress your wife with some crabs (the eating kind from the ocean :wink: )....drop a trap out off of Second Beach while you are fishing.....they are plenty of them out there. We had great feasts on both Saturday and Sunday. 70' feet of water, and BE SURE TO LABEL YOUR FLOAT.......as DFO has apparently been checking quite diligently for name/phone#.

·
Registered
116 Posts
noon low

link dont forget the tide is very low at noon sat. Launch time may require planning to impress the hotties.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hey piper what did your fish hit on?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
changed my plans

got up this morn checked weather, it looks like it will be quite choppy am going to go out sunday instead, the wife want,s to bring her lap dog now . the things we do for our women, just bought a prawn trap also any idea,s where to drop it was going to hutt island

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
link......the commercial guys are hitting the local waters pretty hard right now. I was watching some guys pulling their traps off of the southeast end of Bowen last Sunday and they were getting all sorts of empty traps. Where are you putting your boat in the water and planning to fish?

I would probably head up further into Howe Sound if it is not too far of a run if you were wanting to drop a trap for prawns. If you like crabs....I mentioned a great productive spot to drop a trap if you had one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the come back pippen I usually drop in at the planetarium and then head over to Hutt island if not to windy, only got a 19.75' silverline cuddy ( the Joycee ) , got a 15 lb red a couple of weeks ago and saw some guys drop traps there and go over to thrasher for the day[/i]

·
Registered
116 Posts
lapdog

Link, i think you could probably limit on prawns just about anywhere if you use lapdog for bait.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hey bigjay how goes it man? i have a question for ya! the zinngers u were using were they the plain pearl ones or the new prisom ones? i ask because i'm kinda not to sure on the flashy look of the new zinngers! thanx alot!!!!! and unreal on what ya learn from reading those old fishing mags ya gave me! now i have so many places to fish that i found in those old mags!!! thanx big man!!!!!!!!!

Kevin......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts