Chum: 8 Total this year 9
Chinook: 32 Total this year 209
Steelhead: 0 Total this year 3

This is all this month from sept 1 - 13
* Next Update is on Sept 15th*

This is all from
Daily Test Fishing Data, SALMON GILL NET TEST, Albion Chum Gillnet
http://www-ops2.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fos2_Internet/Testfish/rptDTFD.cfm

What is goin on here i thought there was to be ''10 million'' Pinks. This year is a badddd year

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey Reddev_revir

The numbers of pinks is not well represented in the test sets because they are designed for Springs and as such they are using an 8" gill net designed to allow the smaller fish to pass through. The top of the report specifies Chinook Test Fishery.

Centerpin 8)

·
Registered
90 Posts
marko said:
The bulk is yet to come...... ;) Marko
Hey marko I understand most of the runs are late this year for all species but honestly I've been out for the last 4 days and only hooked into the odd one now......super slow (im talking the tidal portion) You still think we are gonna get a big push? Have you been fishing the mouth of the fraser? Are there still big schools staging? Pm if you want

·
Registered
11 Posts
If u go to the Pacific Salmon Commission site PSC.org and view announcements you can read the results of the latest meetings and marine test fishery results.
As the latest report reads the last 3 yrs have the Fraser pink runs returning earlier than previous historic years. The purse seine tests in Johnnstone straight have resulted in lower catches meaning the peak of Fraser pinks have already past (estimated to be Aug.20) and the remaining fish will trickle in being the low shoulder of this year's run.
I figure there should be about another week of decent fishing left before the bottom drops out of the run.
.... then the spring gong show will start..... :p

·
Registered
695 Posts
i've been fishing the lower fraser around Richmond/New West and they've had their moments some days are skunk ola but some days i've managed to land a couple in a very short time seems like i've seen the most fish early in the morning for me and on incoming tide ;D...went else where this weekend for a half day of drift fishing and managed to hit a lot of pinks took home 3 and my partner as well ;D.

scruffy

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just wondering how "accurate" these catch numbers are and if they are complied into a calculation to estimate a run size?? The reason I bring this up is that the numbers shown for Pinks is very low. I was fishing up near Hope at the mouth of a creek last Saturday and personally saw at least 60 pinks swim by within 1 hour , 4 feet from where I was standing. :-\

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.