BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase some reasonably priced breathable waders. I fly fish and am in the lower mainland area, I fish everything from big rivers to small streams and the occasional lake. Can anyone recommend a high quality yet reasonably priced brand that will keep me dry and in the fish.

BS

·
Registered
901 Posts
I tried umpteen pairs of breathables and they all leaked :mad:
my neoprenes have lasted me many years and only have a small leak wich i could fix
and they have keept me warm when tubing in cold lakes :-\

·
Registered
107 Posts
try this one.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NeoPros-Brand-Ne...mZ230104090893QQcategoryZ137007QQcmdZViewItem

I bought it last fall & fish with it all the winter time. Still can't find any leaking.
The price is definitely reasonable. Usually no one really bid, and they post it on ebay very constantly.
I think you 1 bid will get you the wader. if it's not you can wait couple more days until they post it again.

Good luck to find decent one!!

Bravo & Cheers~!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys, i should be in the water in no time and hopefully not too wet.

BS

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just bought a pair of Hodgeman Wadelites Breathables off Ebay new got em for $50 american plus shipping came to $80 Canadian thats like a disposable price ;D if I get a season out of them I will be happy I dont think you can beat Simms ,just not in the budget for me this year

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i just bought some new lightweight simms breathables this year as my old bare breathables started leaking everywhere :( :( only got one season and a bit out of those

the simms ones are very tough and lightweight and there are ALOT of us that wear them out there as they are great for the 250ish they retail for

have fun shopping

HOOK

·
Registered
281 Posts
Simms...... which ever ones you can afford. The more money you spend the better, but even the entry level Simms waders are very good.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'll throw a vote in for the Bare Blackwaters, I had about 3 or 4 years on on my first pair and an A+ for comfort and mobility. I am curious if anyone has the Blackwaters with the boot foot and how they are holding up compared with the stocking foot?

·
Banned
2,859 Posts
i think my bare ones were those ones with the neo feet

ya one season and a bit and the first leak started after like 3 months and the last leak was the point of buying new ones in the right knee really sucked with half a wet leg

my dad has the same as those and his aren still going strong he thinks he is getting a small leak now though so he might be in the market for new ones also

id go simms very comfortable and durable or the loops that Fish Finder is talking about little more pricey but very tough looking waders for sure

tight lines

HOOK

·
Registered
513 Posts
Hey

I have the Cloudveil Breathables and am very happy with them so far. I you can afford it go with Gortex nothing breathes better

Centerpin 8)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ive been using Hodgemans for awhile (wadelites) and the nice thing is that when you get a leak in them and they all do.....no matter what pair you own I can take them back to where I got them and get a replacement pair free that day no waiting not happenin with simms. Im not knockin simms but I am on my second pair of hodgemans in 4 years and the ones Im runnin are new within the last year......

·
Registered
886 Posts
Don't knock the simms waders. let me know after a year has past and tell me if you get a new replacement pair at no charge.I know my simms will be fixed for no charge,if I get a leak in them 8)

Hey BS

You get what you pay for in waders

cheers sage

·
Registered
279 Posts
You may want to check out this link or talk to Steelie Trav.

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1655.0

I bought a pair of Sedge waders a couple of years ago and recommended them to him. They have held up well for me over 2 seasons now, probably about 50-75 trips total. No leaks and quite comfortable. I think Trav has got some good use with them as well. Best bet is you'll pay a fraction of the price of Simms or Loop. I doubt the guarantee is as good as the more pricey ones, but its just another option. Check them out at Army/Navy stores.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I recently bought a pair of Cloudveil 8x's because of the great hooplah I was given regarding their product and customer service.

Well, I just had a pair of Cloudveil 8x's, wore approximately 12 times and the taped seam inside one of the heels came untaped. I contacted a my local Tackle shop for warranty and they in turn contacted Cloudveil for warranty. Cloudveil wanted to replace the waders rather than repair the waders, which I was fine with. The problem was Cloudveil was out of stock on XL waders in the 8x.

They said they would probably have a replacement pair of waders ready for replacement in 4-6 weeks, but they did not know for sure. Obviously, that was not a realistic time frame if I intended on fishing in waders anytime soon, so I asked the shop to just trade me out a set of waders in an XL. Well, they didn't have any XL's in stock either for replacement.

The store said that Cloudveils customer service and product warranty in the beginning was stellar since they were trying to give Simms a run for thier money. Once Cloudveil came into the picture and began creating strife for Simms, Simms stepped it up and has since increased the customer service which was seeming to become a bit lax for a while.

Cloudveil made a call to the store that I purchased the waders from and said that they could not make any guarantees as to a release date of a pair of XL's and also denied a request to do a product exchange from a different retailer. Upon hearing this news, I told our local shop that I wanted my money back or an exchange for a pair of Simms G3's. The store gladly did the exchange of waders and gave me a pair of G3's at the same price.

The store then admitted that they have had nothing but problems in dealing with warranties on Cloudveil products since they are made overseas. Originally Cloudveil made these great promises to the retailers but has since fallen on their faces allegedly.

Hopefully, no one else has to deal with this sort of crap.

The irony of all of this is that last weekend upon wearing my G3's for the 2nd time, I tore them in the boat. I took them to the store and they have to send them in for repair to Simms.

I'm sure glad fishing is relaxing!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
hey, i just made the move to the bare blackwaters from the bare neoprenes and have not used them yet. my ? is to those guys that have made the move to breathables do they regret it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
stsfisher said:
hey, i just made the move to the bare blackwaters from the bare neoprenes and have not used them yet. my ? is to those guys that have made the move to breathables do they regret it.
Not once, never look Back!! Breathables offer more comfort, movement and are much cooler to wear on those muggy days. On top of that if you do a lot of hiking in them you will appreciate them even more! As far as really cold weather goes, if you wear some long johns or fleece pants then you won't notice a difference.

steely_crazy said:
You may want to check out this link or talk to Steelie Trav.

http://www.bcfishingreports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1655.0

I bought a pair of Sedge waders a couple of years ago and recommended them to him. They have held up well for me over 2 seasons now, probably about 50-75 trips total. No leaks and quite comfortable. I think Trav has got some good use with them as well. Best bet is you'll pay a fraction of the price of Simms or Loop. I doubt the guarantee is as good as the more pricey ones, but its just another option. Check them out at Army/Navy stores.
Those sedge breathable have held up really well so far! I do quite a bit of backcountry hiking in them, sticks, rocks, prickle bushes etc.. and they still don't leak. I did put a hole in the ass, but its because I fell on a sharp rock :eek:. I just patched it with some aqua seal and its as good as new. I would recommend them to anyone on a budget!

·
Registered
5,452 Posts
stsfisher said:
First of all, welcome to the forum stsfisher. :) We have a great group of friendly knowledgable anglers in this forum and are always willing to help out a fellow fisherman. Hope you enjoy the forum!

When comes to breathable waders, I made the switch about 7 years ago. I would never go back to nut huggers unless I was going to be in a belly boat. You will find them more comfortable and because they breath, not nearly as hot! Breathables, a big thumbs up from me! I just got the new Simms G4's and they are something sweet, they have a zipper to take a leak. ;D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts