BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is for my Dad, who unfortunately, has lost a couple of fishing buddies over the past few years (for clarity - nothing he did!! :)). He lives near Courtenay, has a great boat, loves the ocean and has been fishing and exploring the coast for 40 years. The perfect fishing buddy for him would know boats and be confident with charts etc. and have a sense of adventure. Dad is super capable but we don't like him to be out on his own - especially on the West Coast! Do you know anyone who would be excited about the opportunity to get out on the water, make a new friend, share stories and catch some fish in the process? Dad is turning 80 this year and all he wants for his birthday is a fishing buddy. Your ideas will be appreciated.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Great place to start!! I hope someone takes you up on this offer, there are a lot of good guys on this forum and I'm sure someone would be willing to meet a new friend. I hope his birthday wish will come true!

·
Registered
98 Posts
wow what a great oppertunity for somebody on the island.maybe try the local tackle shops as they will know all the local talent.good luck in your quest i hope you find somebody reliable.cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow what a great oppertunity for somebody on the island.maybe try the local tackle shops as they will know all the local talent.good luck in your quest i hope you find somebody reliable.cheers
Thanks for the idea. I'll do that.

·
Retired Administrator
4,447 Posts
Go Fish BC has a buddy program, but their mandate is freshwater, but they might be able to help as a lot of VI anglers fish both salt and freshwater.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Well you know, I think its really SWEET of you to take the time to find your Dad a fishing partner for his birthday wish... I hope your able to hook him up with someone he can enjoy the rest of his fishing years with...as I am sure he misses his old fishing buddies very much... Its just a special thing to sit and share the fishing stories that I KNOW fishermen and fisherwomen enjoy so much.... I think your Dad has a very SPECIAL daughter! :thumbup: Good luck to you! :)

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I was going to say, 'Why don't you go with him?', then I saw you live in Kamloops! Doh! Hope your dad finds a buddy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes and ideas - you rock. I'll check out Go Fish BC also. And meanwhile, if you hear of anyone who would like to fish the Island (any age - my Dad is a cool guy), please put them onto this forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to read. And special thanks to those who have stepped up to offer their company. I'm sure Dad's already excited about getting out on the water with new friends. This forum is a great way to reach out to people with a common interest. Happy fishing days, everyone...!

·
Administrator
3,732 Posts
Glad you found what you were looking for anna. Everyone deserves happy fishing days especially thanks to
someone as caring as you....:)

Cheers Marko

1 - 16 of 16 Posts