BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've fished Ukee a fair amount, but I'm still learning. I only have a 19 foot boat and I'm reluctant to fish Big Bank which is 25 miles or more from Ukee, a long run back if the north wind comes up. Mostly I've fished inside South Bank, the Spade area, also called the Turtleshead, from what I'm told. Also inside Barclay itself, Great Bear, Alley Rock etc.

I've heard talk of some other off shore areas but I dont really know where they are.

Could anyone give me the compass heading and distance (in miles) for the following offshore spots?

Southwest Corner

Lighthouse Bank

Long Beach Bank

Seven Mile

Shipwreck

Any others you guys would be willing to share? We are also looking for Halibut spots that in our range 7-10 miles.

Thank you in advance.

Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
When you get to Ucluelet, go into Pioneer Boatworks and buy some tackle. They have a chart there with all the local names on it. Just copy everything onto your chart and you will be good to go.

Cliff

·
Registered
316 Posts
When you get to Ucluelet, go into Pioneer Boatworks and buy some tackle. They have a chart there with all the local names on it. Just copy everything onto your chart and you will be good to go.

Cliff
Those bast*rds:D!! I had to make a local guide a kicker bracket for free to get all the local names written down by him on my paper charts::).

·
Registered
578 Posts
Those bast*rds:D!! I had to make a local guide a kicker bracket for free to get all the local names written down by him on my paper charts::).
It must B top secret coordinates, either that ya didn't know him good enough 4 me beer works wonderz.............lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll be interested in what you find?

I purchased a book on Halibut fishing a few years back that has a whole bunch of placenames with GPS coordinates. however, I don't see any of these names in there.

Did you have any luck getting coordinates for the places you listed?

thx, mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ucluelet offshore coordinates

we've been fishing the west coast for 30+ years and have a list of chart coordinates. not everything stored in the gps has been transfered to written coordinates, but the 40 or so that have been are the core areas that we know exist and that are productive for fishing. always looking for new spots, but will gladly share what we know with anyone that sends a pm. summer of 2011 we didn't have to go farther than 7 nm offshore, 2010 when this post was active, we went as far as the rats nose, it's about 24 nm from the harbor as i recall and as far offshore we've gone for fish. then again i'm at a computer and the boats in the shop getting ready for the season. as soon as the boats ready we'll be looking for some fishing weather. steve

·
Registered
578 Posts
Names with coordinates are a best guarded, kept secret

I have a buddy GPS on his Grady is all black due to all the markings of past offerings from dayz gone by

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Here's the coordinates you needed for fishing in Ukee in July and August of 2011.... put your lines ANYWHERE... get big fish.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Here's the coordinates you needed for fishing in Ukee in July and August of 2011.... put your lines ANYWHERE... get big fish.
would have to disagree DF
Time when the highway is running @ peak helps, but sometimes a bypass route can occur & being a miles off will make or break ya, unless U go straight to the aquarium

Kh

·
Registered
108 Posts
Pioneer Boats has all the locations of the various locations on their map to fish. They welcome you to come in and copy them to your own map. (or they will sell you a map). If your like me, I must glaze over and get attracted to shiny stuff because I always come out of those darn stores leaving a bunch of cash behind. (but a smile on my face)

The one place I don't have on my map or GPS is for Hyason Bank. Anyone want to share info for this spot.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
108 Posts
OK, thanks a bunch, I didn't realize it was right beside starfish. I may have even fished there without knowing it.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Lol, Shawn I knew you were gonna say that!
Until the horde from Ukee started invading us there would only be 10 to 15 boats fishing it. There was over 100 boats somedays there last year!! Isn't there fish in Ucluelet? I still blame Carmen Sloman for showing those guys our spot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Until the horde from Ukee started invading us there would only be 10 to 15 boats fishing it. There was over 100 boats somedays there last year!! Isn't there fish in Ucluelet? I still blame Carmen Sloman for showing those guys our spot.
Isn't Tofino a suburb of Ukee? Sorry Tofino I just couldn't resist. All in good fun.

H.E.H.

·
Registered
108 Posts
[h=2]
This is where Hyson Bank is... or at least what's marked on my GPS as such. Right near the Starfish.

Hey damfish, how are you getting peices of the charts to past into the forum threads ?[/INDENT]

·
Retired Administrator
4,448 Posts
Hey damfish, how are you getting peices of the charts to past into the forum threads ?
Using Navionics App for IPhone and IPad, you can save a screenshot to your photos.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts