BC Fishing Reports banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,me again.Since I am new to the area,I need to ask this question.I live in Burnaby and I am trying to learn how to fish for steekhaed,so I need to spend lots of time on the water.Obiuviosly Vedder produces a lot of steely but kinda far to go 2 or more times a week,my question is what other rivers closer to bby have stelly runs and are they running now?Any help is usefull , thanks again guys and good luck out there,gotta say love this forum and enjoy reading all your posts. :thumbup:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Ribby that's great only a 15 minute ride for me,but from when to when they run on the capilano and should there be any now?Went to the vedder for two days in a row now everything looks promising,I spent more time watching others and walking the river then fishing but it was a beautiful journey.Obiovously I didn't catch any , good learning experiance for me anyways, but what kinda suprised me was this.I talked to about at least 15 to 20 guys in the two days and only one guy said he saw somebody catch one.Those are some bad stats i think, was it a bad day or it's early in the season or they just don't want to say that they cought anything ,I don't know ,what do you think? :thumbup:

·
Registered
186 Posts
capilano steel start running now, and continue to late feb, just like most other local rivers. There will be some now but not many. i would go and start to explore the lower river, below the highway bridge.
heres a map, it gives you a pretty good idea of access and the pool/spots on the river:
http://www.gvrd.bc.ca/parks/maps/Capilanomap.pdf
there is a couple of good pools right below the highway bridge that is relatively easy access and that is a very good starting point.

if you venture into the canyon, (anywhere above the highway bridge) be very careful, espcecially at this time of year!

have a good time!

later
fishey
*all steelhead MUST be released

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks fishey exelent map,going to explore this weekend for sure.Don't worry all steely will be released more fish we release more fish in the river more adrenalin for us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.