BC Fishing Reports banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Does anyone need a helping hand on their boat this summer? I want to get out on the water and fish but I don't have the resources to do so. It probably seems like a strange request but I love to fish and I want to get better at it and learn how to do it right.

Just a little background information on myself:

I just finished university and I'm moving overseas and going to try and find a job in my field BUT I'm sticking around for my best friends wedding in August. I could just get a mundane job to store away money for my trip but i'd rather spend this summer doing something I LOVE for FREE and really get something out of it.

I live in Langley but have my own car and can meet up whenever or wherever. I'm super easy going, and down for whatever.

The two main thing I feel like I can add to your fishing outing is good company and any heavy lifting (I'll pull up all the crab & prawn traps). So if you can help me out or give me some advice it would be much appreciated.

Wade

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Much as you like to promote it this way, fishing aint free, Wadely. Anyone who owns a boat knows that there are big time costs with its use. Not likely to get much of a response as a free loader who can haul up the traps. We all know plenty of friends who are prepared to go out on our boats for free and haul traps. Offer to help pay your fair share for gas, oil, launch fees, truck gas, beer, food, tackle, bait, and incidentals of damage during those trips and you might get a better response here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I received a couple of PM's and they basically lead me to the conclusion that I am being a free loader. However, I have no problem with earning/paying my keep on to a boat to get some experience. These are all the things I can offer in addition to or in exchange of money:

Yardwork (building a fence, painting, landscaping/gardening, etc)
Running errands
Helping someone move

I also have some fairly solid business skills, things like:

Building a website
Marketing for a business
Creating a business plan
Accounting/taxes
Personal finance advice

I'm also sure there's other things I can do that I haven't mentioned here but the next time you have something you need done and don't want to do it, think of the kid from the fishing forums and realize all you have to do is going fishing with him (something you are going to do anyway). I'm free pretty much all summer aside from a few trips like the West Coast Trail and I live in Langley but I have no problem with traveling/commuting somewhere else. Hopefully that sweetens the pot. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts